Canada

Canadian honeymoon??

My FI and I are looking into a Canadian honeymoon.  We have almost 95% decided on a travel agency called "Fresh Tracks"  out of Vancouver that does a train trip / hotel stay combo.  The prices are pretty decent and the hotels look amazing.  We are just a little nervous using an out of country travel agency.  Has anyone used them or heard of them?  Any Canadians who can reccomend something?  Our wedding is October 1st in Michigan, so we were thinking east Canada...... Thank you!

Catie
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Canadian honeymoon??

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are probably a ton of American travel agencies in your area that you can make Canadian trips with as well - you don't have to use a Canadian agent, especially one in western Canada when you are travelling in the east.

Since your wedding is in Michigan, it's probably easiest to cross the border in Detroit through to Windsor, Ontario.  From there you could tour places in Ontario, Quebec, and move east from there!

I live in Toronto so I don't know this company, but if you need any sight-seeing recommendations, let us know!
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not aware of that company, however...

If you're wanting to go out east I'd highly recommend Quebec. The history and architecture there is beautiful, and I always find it has a very European feel.

However, I always recommend to people that they consider going to the Rockies in Alberta (particularly Banff). They have a lot of hotels and things to do in Banff, and when I went there it did strike me as a very honeymoon type spot.

I don't know what your budget is like, but I've always been pleased staying at a Fairmont Hotel, particularly Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City. At the very least, you should take a tour of the old Fairmont Hotels!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How far East are you thinking?  Quebec or all the way to the Atlantic provinces?  If you're coming as far as Atlantic Canada (New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia) then please feel free to PM me.  I'm from NS and travel extensively around Atlantic Canada, I may have some good rec.s for you!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011

Agreed with PP..I've never been to Quebec, but I'm from Saskatchewan and we plan on taking a later honeymoon to Montreal in Feb 2012. 

I've also heard the maratimes are beautiful, my dad went to PEI when he was in high school and has told me I need to go there sometime.

• edited December 2011
    Montreal is amazing if you are going to go there.
    Niagara Falls can be very fun too!
    A great way to travel in Ontario is by train (via rail). You can go from Niagara Falls, to Toronto, to Ottawa to Montreal etc.. it is comfortable and inexpensive to travel that way.
  • edited December 2011
    If you have never been to the Canadian Rockies then it is definitely a MUST. You only need to spend a maximum of 2 days in each Jasper, Lake Louise and Banff! The drive alone between all 3 is worth it!!! Promise.
  • edited December 2011
    Montreal is one of my favourite places to visit! It has such a rich history, but still has all of the ammenities of a major metropolis.

I find that because it's population is French-speaking, it has a sort of European feel to it. You can totally get my without speaking a lick of the language though. ;)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards