Illinois-Chicago

Shoot The Bride ** any new updates? *****

Has anyone heard from Jeff this week or last ?  Or better yet anyone get a video recently ?

Re: Shoot The Bride ** any new updates? *****

• edited December 2011

You've got PM

• edited December 2011
    I seem to remember reading a recent vendor review of someone who had used him and gave him a good review based on just that night.  I don't know if anyone else has more of an update than that.
  • edited December 2011
    Oop, thealphabride must have more info than that :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Basically, he seems to have showed up at all the weddings and shot video all day. He acts in a professional manner at the weddings and is nice to work with.

What people don't have is their finished product months after their weddings.
    The reason we hired him is for the finished product.

It has been 5 weeks for me, since I gave him my 3 songs.

My contract states that the finished product will be delivered in approximately 4 weeks from the wedding, except if you don't give him your songs right away.

That is why in all fairness, I am basing my delivery time on when I got him my songs, which was 1.5 weeks after our wedding when I returned from the HM.
    which was 5 weeks ago today.

Our wedding was 9-11-10.
  • edited December 2011
    Alpha, did you at least get a trailer yet? Magical, were you another one waiting?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi LoveisBald,

Nope, nothing.
    I noticed on his VIMEO site that he hasn't posted a viedo since Septmeber 9th. That was about 6 weeks ago.
  • netgrl22netgrl22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I received my trailer about 7 weeks after my wedding.  Jeff told me that he would have my highlight video done a few weeks later which would have been a week or so ago.  I sent him an email a few days ago to check up on that and no word yet.  I'll keep everyone posted if I receive anything else.
  • edited December 2011
    I wrote him an email voicing my concerns and asking if there is anything that could be written into the contract guaranteeing that I would get a product within the allotted time or else get some kind of compensation for time lost.

That was a week ago tomorrow. No response from him. At all.

I think I will be going with someone else.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my videos last week.  8 weeks after my wedding.  I had gotten it almost 2 weeks earlier, but the sound quality was not good.  The new one is better but still not perfect.  The video quality was pretty good so at least there is that.  I am still waiting on my DVD cover and highlight video.  

When I got the DVDs last week, We asked him for the raw footage because DH works in video editing and feels like he can clean up the audio a little more.  He hasn't responded.  At this point, I would trade my highlight video for that footage.

After this, I can't recommend him to anyone.
    Married!!
  • edited December 2011
    agape1...I sent you a PM.
  • edited December 2011

We got married on May 8th and still do not have our video.  He turned our 3 minute trailer around in 2 days so I was expecting more from him.  I've emailed and left countless voicemails.  I'm so disappointed.

• edited December 2011
    does anyone have a friend who is an attorney?  it seems like a strongly worded letter from an attorney on behalf of a group of brides might get him in gear a bit...considering he is in breach of contract with several brides at this point...
  • pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He was very professional at our wedding as well, but I sent him my songs via email about 3 weeks or so ago, and have not heard anything back from him yet. I just called to leave a message, so I'm hoping to hear something soon. It does state about 3 weeks to receive in the ocntract for our video after songs are selected. Our wedding was 9-18-10. I'm really hoping he sends it out soon.
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • edited December 2011
    dito.. Ours was in the spring and are still waiting also.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_shoot-bride-new-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:642cb851-d9ff-430f-9b77-c38cb46f1c5fPost:2d783334-46b8-4d19-abb5-d3a18c35b4e8">Re: Shoot The Bride ** any new updates? *****</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my videos last week.  8 weeks after my wedding.  I had gotten it almost 2 weeks earlier, but the sound quality was not good.  The new one is better but still not perfect.  The video quality was pretty good so at least there is that.  I am still waiting on my DVD cover and highlight video.   When I got the DVDs last week, We asked him for the raw footage because DH works in video editing and feels like he can clean up the audio a little more.  He hasn't responded.  At this point, I would trade my highlight video for that footage. After this, I can't recommend him to anyone.
    Posted by alexilyse[/QUOTE]

I wrote him after the weddingto give him my songs and to ask if I would get the ceremony from beginning to end which is what I really want. He said he would send my raw video with everything he shot that day, along with my edited video and I would get a trailer within the week. 

So I am kinda nervous you did not get all your raw video.
    I have considered having him send me all the raw video and just using another video provider do the editing. I would pay more in the end, but right now I cannot count on anything at all and I really want my precious memories!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_shoot-bride-new-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:642cb851-d9ff-430f-9b77-c38cb46f1c5fPost:175debe7-f6ea-4e2c-abf1-c1e6e2b627b5">Re: Shoot The Bride ** any new updates? *****</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shoot The Bride ** any new updates? ***** : I wrote him after the weddingto give him my songs and to ask if I would get the ceremony from beginning to end which is what I really want. He said he would send my raw video with everything he shot that day, along with my edited video and I would get a trailer within the week.  So I am kinda nervous you did not get all your raw video. I have considered having him send me all the raw video and just using another video provider do the editing. I would pay more in the end, but right now I cannot count on anything at all and I really want my precious memories!!!
    Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

<div>So did you get the raw footage or your trailer?  I am so frustrated that he won't get back to me.  I just want my footage and then I won't have to worry about him anymore. </div>
    Married!!
  • edited December 2011
    No I have recieved nothing at all. No trailer, raw footage, or edited video.
    No e mail and certainly no phone call, after a few attempts to reach him.
    Although I did write to him this week letting him know I expected my video very soon since our "legally binding" contract stated 4 weeks for final delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards