California-Orange County
Options

Any Must Visit Bridal Boutiques in OC?

I am just starting my dress hunt and I am looking for something a little more on the unique side.  I'm not a ball gown girl and would actually be open to consignment couture gowns - My vision is low front, low back form fitting. But I would like to visit regular bridal stores as well.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Any Must Visit Bridal Boutiques in OC?

• Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Mon Amie. When I went, Amy Michelson (sp?) was in the store, and she was willing to customize one of her dresses for me.

Also, Mariposa in Anaheim. I was just there this weekend looking at dresses for a friend and was surprised at the variety of different dresses they had.
  • Options
    ErykaVincentErykaVincent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! I definitely had Mon Amie on my list but have never heard of Mariposa! Will definitely schedule a visit.
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    kyks17kyks17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Careful if you have a budget, Mon Amie is EXPENSIVE. They told me they only had 3 dresses in the entire store under $1500, and most were $3k+. Mariposa is where I got my dress - they have fabulous selection and I'm pretty sure all of theirs are under $1500!
  • Options
    ErykaVincentErykaVincent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! Everyone talks about mon Amie, but I didn't realize that they don't have a selection that includes affordable gowns. I am trying to stay under $2K so knowing this is so helpful! Thanks KYKS17
  • Options
    SkiptinkSkiptink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariposa is a good place to start.  Also, you might want to try Alfred Angelo in Brea.  And The Dresser in Fullerton.
  • Options
    lisas494lisas494 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I bought my dress at Mariposa , they have reasonable prices, and great service!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOOOOVE The Dresser in Fullerton. I read bad reviews and was leary to go in, but as long as you make an appt, they will treat you like a queen. I had a budget and they were able to work with it and found me the dress of my dreams.
    ~Birthmother to My little Liddybug 3/9/04~ ~Step-mom to Jack (6)~ BFP #1 1/4/11 Missed m/c at 8wks/1day 2/10/11 D&C 2/11/11 ~ BFP #2 10/4/11 *Stick baby, stick!*~ My BFP Chart. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    15happyyears15happyyears member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Mon Amie, The Dresser, and Mariposa.  Absolutely loved the service and selection at the dresser and mariposa.  At mon amie the dresses they have to try on are extremely small.  I could not even get some of them on and I am an 8 or 10 in regular clothes.  The service was great also but i walked out feeling HUGE. Just something to consider.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might also want to try Mary Me Bridal in Orange. I went there when I was looking for my dress. But I did end up finding it at The Dresser. They had great service and a good selection.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also look at Castle for Brides in Huntington Beach...very afforable and great service!
  • Options
    willandjaymiwillandjaymi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to over 15 dress stores and bought mine at THE WEDDING DAY in Fountain Valley, you have to go!
  • Options
    ellejayebee09ellejayebee09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The White Dress in Cororna Del Mar was fantastic
  • Options
    kcgregorkcgregor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jinny's Bridal in Huntington Beach. I've been to MANY bridal salons and this place had the best service. (Ask for Marina)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariposa's in Anaheim was aweseome
    but I bought my dress from Mary Me Bridal in Tustin/Orange, they were GREAT too!
    I DO NOT recommend Ferndales! The woman was horrible, I wrote a letter too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards