New York-Hudson Valley

Rehearsal invites...

I'm on a posting frenzy today...

Did you get formal invitations for your rehearsal dinner?
Would it be terrible to use Evite, or just simply call or email everyone?

Thanks for your input!

Re: Rehearsal invites...

• edited December 2011
    I sent emails to the bridal party and let them know the time/place of the rehearsal and that there was going to be dinner afterward at X place.
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We either called or emailed everyone and invited them that way. Invites definitely aren't necessary.
    imageimageimage
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told them all (most i see all the time) and then i sent a funny invitation as a goof. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds good! I will email as many people as I can, and call all others!
    Thanks for your input. You girls are the best  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Kristin - Did you do your rehearsal at PH or at the restaurant where you had the dinner? Do you think it's imperative for me to do it at PH, or can it be done at a restaurant? Our wedding is Saturday and our rehearsal is Friday. However, PH has a 7pm wedding on Friday so the latest we can do the rehearsal there is about 4pm.
    We have two choices and I can't decide...

1. Do the rehearsal at PH at 4pm and be at the restaurant between 5-5:30 for dinner.
    2. Do the rehearsal and dinner at the restaurant so everything can start a little later. I'm thinking we would start closer to 5:30 or 6pm

I've been going back and forth about this for so long, and my FI doesn't care either way. So I'm curious to know what you girls think is better.  I don't know that I like starting as early as 4pm, but I do like the idea of rehearsing at the actual ceremony location. ahhhh, I can't decide!
    Thanks again!
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called, emailed, saw, or texted people to tell them.

Regarding the time,are alot of the people are working that day? Can everyone make it earlier? 
    If you have ur heart set on doing the rehersal at the ceremony site then go for it, also take into consideration it is the day before your wedding, so you dont want to be out 2 late! 

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_rehearsal-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:c4a38656-f1a4-4a30-a0b8-bdc4cbf41cc0Post:1c2c5392-80d4-4c5e-a3ef-40948f7df082">Re: Rehearsal invites...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristin - Did you do your rehearsal at PH or at the restaurant where you had the dinner? Do you think it's imperative for me to do it at PH, or can it be done at a restaurant? Our wedding is Saturday and our rehearsal is Friday. However, PH has a 7pm wedding on Friday so the latest we can do the rehearsal there is about 4pm. We have two choices and I can't decide... 1. Do the rehearsal at PH at 4pm and be at the restaurant between 5-5:30 for dinner. 2. Do the rehearsal and dinner at the restaurant so everything can start a little later. I'm thinking we would start closer to 5:30 or 6pm I've been going back and forth about this for so long, and my FI doesn't care either way. So I'm curious to know what you girls think is better.  I don't know that I like starting as early as 4pm, but I do like the idea of rehearsing at the actual ceremony location. ahhhh, I can't decide! Thanks again!
    Posted by Shari16[/QUOTE]

We were married in a church so our rehearsal was there. Sorry I'm no help on that end.

I like your first option because I think it's more beneficial to rehearse in the actual location - for things like timing and spacing.

It would be a lot of fun (IMO anyway) to have a bit of a cocktail hour of sorts at the rehearsal dinner - just some appetizers and let everyone mingle. I don't think 5/5:30 is too early to start that.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input girls. I swear, all these little details are making my head spin!

Kristin - That's right, I knew you got married at a church, it must've slipped my mind. I too, feel it would be more beneficial to rehearse at the actual ceremony site. I think I need practice walking there and seeing what it will be like. Some cocktails before dinner would be perfect. But here's a question... do you think my FI and I would be expected to pay for them, or would people know to buy their own. I don't want to be cheap, but we also can't afford to make the dinner more expensive. Everything is adding up so quickly... but you know what that's like!

Midgette - Good point, I don't want to be out too late. I'm already anticipating not sleeping well so I should at least be resting if I can't sleep! My FI and I have been asking our BP about their schedules for the day before the wedding for a couple of months and while most people have gotten back to us, some have not. Most people will be there, as they are traveling in from out of town and already off from work on Friday.  I'm now thinking... oh well, too bad for those who have not gotten back to us. Terrible I know, but I don't have the time to chase down adults for answers  :)
    edited December 2011
    I think I would host something in that time - a couple bottles of wine, and maybe soda and a few types of beers, and if people want a cocktail, I think it's fine for them to pay for that.

My ILs paid for our rehearsal dinner, but if I remember correctly, the package they paid for didn't include mixed drinks. Everyone was fine with beer or wine, and we didn't want anyone getting totally hammered the night before the wedding anyway.

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards