South Carolina

Looking for a Nice Barn for my wedding and reception

I am still trying to find the "Right" venue for our wedding, It's so hard to find the right place and not have to hock everything you own to say "I DO". I have found this really old barn that i would just love to have my reception in. We went and looked at it on Sunday, beautiful place, but the problem is, no open dates in September or October, of course everything is open for August. I want people there but i don't want to kill them in the Southern heat and humidity...
If anyone knows of a barn or venue something like this and wouldn't mind sharing the information, I would greatly Appreciate it... BTW, in the areas of Greenville, Pickens, Anderson or Easley SC areas are all good..

Thank you!!!

Re: Looking for a Nice Barn for my wedding and reception

• msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

One of my friends got married at a State Park.  You should check with Paris Mountain State Park or try the county park on Hwy 11.  I can not think of the name of it but I know it is on Hwy 11 near Cleveland.

Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • luschyluschy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are willing to come a little further north towards the Charlotte border I can highly recommend a couple of places including "The Dairy Barn" in Fort Mill, SC.  There is also a tremendous wedding venue that isn't a barn but the prices are phenominal and you get more than you can imagine for your money.  It's where we are having our wedding in June of 2012 and can be found on-line as well.  This is in Lancaster, SC and it's called the Coker Ranch.  If you check them out you will be very pleasantly surprised.
    Best wishes...!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Look up The Woodburn in Pendleton.... it's not a barn exactly but you might like it. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The Dairy Barn in Fort Mill SC is really nice. I considered doing my Wedding/Reception there. Good Luck
  • edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Coker Ranch in Lancaster, SC and it is truely beautiful and they are such nice people to work with! I also had my engagement pics taken at the Dairy Barn in Fort Mill, it is a beautiful venue!!

• katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina_looking-nice-barn-wedding-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:123Discussion:a10834dc-07b5-45a2-ae59-24757a12de37Post:d01521ac-70ea-4a49-8e3b-6714f7cb64e6">Re: Looking for a Nice Barn for my wedding and reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are willing to come a little further north towards the Charlotte border I can highly recommend a couple of places including "The Dairy Barn" in Fort Mill, SC.  There is also a tremendous wedding venue that isn't a barn but the prices are phenominal and you get more than you can imagine for your money.  It's where we are having our wedding in June of 2012 and can be found on-line as well.  This is in Lancaster, SC and it's called the Coker Ranch.  If you check them out you will be very pleasantly surprised. Best wishes...!!!
    Posted by luschy[/QUOTE]

This place is amazing. i'm having my bridal photos taken there. check their website. just google "anne springs dairy barn, fort mill,sc"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Luv Shack On The River in the country outside Fountain Inn, SC.  Beautiful barn for about 1/3 most venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards