Illinois-Chicago
Options

Recommend Your Bridal Shop!

Hi Ladies,

A good friend of mine recently moved to Chicago to be with her fiance.  She is new to the city and is having trouble finding a dress in her budget.  She is considering heading out of the center of town to look.  Can you plese help her out by recommending your bridal shop as well as the area that it is in?  I took a look at the sticky above about recommendations for vendors but am curious to hear from a few more people.

Thanks so  much!
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image Visit The Nest!

Re: Recommend Your Bridal Shop!

• Options
    chicitygirl7chicitygirl7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I found my dress at Dimitra's Bridal on Rush Street downtown. They have a nice selection and everyone there was very sweet and helpful. I also had a nice shopping experience at Macy's Bridal Salon on State Street.
  • Options
    I used Volle's in Lake Zurich. They havve been amazing.

Tell her NOT to go to Eva's in Oak Lawn..rude rude rude people work there.....
  • Options
    My dress is from Volle's, also!  They are so wonderful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If she has no issues traveling out to the suburbs, I would recommend Kathryn's in McHenry.
  • Options
    scstar17scstar17 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Kathryn's first refused to tell me the name of the dress I liked there, then instead of saying it was Maggie Sottero said it was Sottero and Midgley and quoted $500 more than any other store.  Sottero is very careful with her pricing and no one discounts or drives up the price - Kathryn's was really shady in my opinion. 

I got it from Volle's instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    I had a great experience at Eva's in Oak Lawn (they really went above and beyond for me),  a horrible experience at Eva's in Chicago (different owners), and an okay experience at Lily's Bridal in Chicago.

I would suggest your friend make an appointment in advance and not go on a Saturday/Sunday. My experienca was much better on a a weekday when there aren't a million people in the stores. Oh, I also wouldn't go to House of Brides in Orland because of a poor experience w/buying a BM dress there.
  • Options
    Wolsfeldts Bridal in Aurora was wonderful.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    I had a fantastic experience at Here Comes the Bride in Addison. Don't be fooled by the somewhat shady looking strip mall! Rose, the owner, helped me find two dresses I completely fell in love with, one of which I never would have picked up myself. I also didn't feel pressured at all to buy the dress right away, which was really nice. Great pricing and great service!
  • Options
    I used Royal Bridal in Villa Park.  It's a small shop and Vera is very helpful.  Also, Demetrius Bridal in Schaumburg has a big selection and I had a good experience there as well even though I didn't get my dress there.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    I had a great experience at Bella Bianca in Oak brook.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I  also got my dress at Wolsfeldts in Aurora. They treated me wonderfully and I truly enjoyed my experience there
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Another vote for Volle's Bridal in Lake Zurich!  Kacie is the best consultant ever!  Despite my small budget, she was able to find me the perfect gown and make me feel like like a million bucks.
  • Options
    jls522jls522 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I found my dress at Jasmine in Lombard. It was the first place I tried on dresses and it was a great experience. They have a runway you can walk on with a camera at one end so you can see the back of the dress while you walk. I also went to Here Comes the Bride and Rose was wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Crystal Bride in Geneva! So helpful and have dresses in all price ranges. I also liked Wolsfelts in Aurora.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I second Bella Bianca in Lombard! I purchased my dress there and the whole experience was just wonderful. I get to go back next week for my first fitting and am very excited :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weddings 826 is Wicker Park Amazing dresses, good prices and fantastic service!
  • Options
    I'm a Volle's girl too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards