Kansas
Options

Looking for SE Kansas wedding location--HELP!!!!

I can't find an indoor wedding location that isn't a church.  We're looking for something a little different than the same old, same old.  I really need some help!!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for SE Kansas wedding location--HELP!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are they any hotels nearby that have ball rooms you would be able to reserve?  Or a community center building, historical site, B &B?
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wilburncwilburnc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I am normally on the Kansas City board, but I saw your post on the ceremony ideas board and thought I'd give you a couple of ideas.

First off, what is your guest list count??  There is a place in Fort Scott called Lyons Twin Mansion that is a bed and breakfast, but I think you would have to have a smaller wedding. 

How far are you willing to drive?  I know there is a really pretty place in Osawatomie called The Grand Loft, and its very nice.  It's less than an hour from Iola. 

Paola also has a nice place called Evergreen events and it is very pretty.  I went to a wedding there 2 years ago.  Its is just a little over an hour from Iola. 

I don't think there is anything actually in Iola other than maybe contacting a hotel and seeing if they have a ballroom that you can use.  Good luck and if you need more help look me up on the KC board!
  • Options
    SoonergrlnksSoonergrlnks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of South East Kansas are you looking at? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Emporia Kansas, they have the Granada, which holds close to 300 I believe. Also there is a very nice place in Lawrence, KS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're anywhere near Coffeyville the Brown Mansion is gorgeous, but it's for a very small guest list...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We, also, didn't want to utilize a church for our wedding either. And with Kansas weather, you just can't predict what would happen at an outdoor wedding. We are getting married in October and just located a 130+ year old one room school house outside Parsons, KS. We have to clean it quite a bit, but I think it's going to be perfect. Just drive around and look for spaces, places, and spots that have potential.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards