North Carolina-Outer Banks

backup rain plan

Hi girls.

For those of you getting married on the beach and renting a beach house, what is your backup rain plan?  Are you just going to get married in the house?  That seems lame.  Haha.  I am just going to pray everyday until the wedding for no rain :)

Thank you!

Re: backup rain plan

• kford30kford30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have two options - my daughter has discussed - one being the house - as there is a lovely large room over looking the beach - second - is the tent that we are using for the reception... like you hoping for lovely day(s) for everyone wedding.
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am struggling with this right now!  I am leaving today for my wedding this Thursday!  The only days with possible rain in the forecast are Wednesday (rehearsal) and Thursday (wedding) - of course!  How do you plan for scattered thunderstorms?!  I'd really hate to move everything inside and have it not rain a drop.  

I am hoping the storms slip by a day or move up by a day and we'll be fine.  The house we're renting doesn't allow a tent, so our backup plan is to have the reception on the top floor of the house, which has really nice ocean views, and of course to use the decks too if it's not absolutely pouring.  

Re: ceremony - we are getting married in a church, so that part isn't a concern for us - we're inside either way.  

Good luck!
  • hibiscus118hibiscus118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yep our backup plan was inside the house in the great room overlooking the ocean.  That was one of the biggest reasons we rented an oceanview home.   Our reception was already in the house, so that would have been fine either way. 

dwfangirl - don't worry about rain just yet, the extended forecast almost always has rain 5-6 days out in the OBX (or any beachy/tropical place for that matter).  I'm sending tons of ::vibes:: that you have awesome weather!  Congratulations!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards