Wedding Reception Forum
Options

digital cameras

Has anyone opted to put out some sort of a sign (like a little tented note) on each table asking guests to upload wedding pictures to a shared site? What did it say?

We're opting not to do the disposable cameras because so many of our friends and family are bringing their digital cameras. My fiance designed our webpage (http://www.brandonandjenniferswedding.com) to have a "Share" tab where guests can upload their digital pictures to share with us after the wedding. We have the DJ making an announcement at a couple points during the reception, but should we put up a little sign?

Re: digital cameras

• Options
    missmeikrantzmissmeikrantz member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    Has anyone opted to put out some sort of a sign (like a little tented note) on each table asking guests to upload wedding pictures to a shared site? What did it say?

We're opting not to do the disposable cameras because so many of our friends and family are bringing their digital cameras. My fiance designed our webpage (http://www.brandonandjenniferswedding.com) to have a "Share" tab where guests can upload their digital pictures to share with us after the wedding. We have the DJ making an announcement at a couple points during the reception, but should we put up a little sign?
  • Options
    Most people do cards (like business cards) and leave them somewhere at the reception (like on the guest book table or tied to favors).  You can order them through Vistaprint and just pay for shipping.  I also put mine in my OOT boxes.  I didn't have much luck with mine--only a couple of people used it.  I have a pic of mine in my planning bio.
  • Options
    I don't think it is necessary to print out anything special to encourage people upload prints.  Everyone at our wedding that took digital photos found a way to get us copies on their own, without our asking.  

As someone that brings their camera everywhere I would automatically assume that the bride/groom would want copies of any pictures I took and either email them the files or upload them to a CD and mail it off.
  • Options
    We just told everyone to post their pictures to Facebook.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My fiance and I have been thinking of doing the same kind of thing, but can't quite figure out how to do it...more of the WHERE to upload them than the HOW to ask the guests to do so. I have to say that your website is GORGEOUS and the share tab is a great idea! 
  • Options
    I've seen people put out labeled CD's and ask guests to upload to the CD and mail it to them.  It had a postage stamped envelope as well...looked really classy.  They had these with a tent card explaining it on the sign-in table.  I forget what the tent card said.
    Can't wait for our wedding in Banff! I am truly marrying my best friend :).
  • Options
    You can do the business card thing.  But on HERE you should take your personal site off.  There are some loonies lurking around and you don't want anyone to see things on your site that aren't meant for them to see.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    We did the business card thing (got them from vistaprint-PIB) and also posted the link on our wedding website as well as printed it on the back page of our programs.  We have had a few people use it...it depends on how tech saavy your guests are.  Most of my friends posted them on facebook and the older guests just mailed us prints.
  • Options
    What does PIB mean?
  • Options
    PIB = Picture in Bio

We sent business card sized photo share cards with the thank you notes.  It just said "We'd love to see your photos!" and had directions for uploading photos via the website, emailing photos to upload them and where to view the photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards