Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Reviews on Bridal Botique

Anyone have any experience using them?

Re: Reviews on Bridal Botique

• emilyerdhemilyerdh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is where I ordered my dress from! This is the only place around BR that has Maggie Sottero dresses which is specifically what I wanted. The dresses there are beautiful. If you won't something cheap, go to david's bridal, I can't believe I even wasted my time there! The store is somewhat small and crowded because it is a boutique, but the workers are very nice and helpful. I would recommend it!
  • nannabee21nannabee21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't all that impressed with Bridal Boutique. I found it crowded and overwhelming. If you're looking for that "experience" of trying on dresses like they do on tv, this is not the place. You try on the dresses in the tiny room with everyone you bring having to watch you dress and undress, along with the one tiny mirror they have in the fitting room for you to see if you like it. There is really no room to walk around without bumping into dresses or racks or people. The sales consultants were really nice, don't get me wrong, and they did have a big selection, but for me, it was way too claustrophobic.

I left there and went to Ashley Renee Bridal in Satsuma, which was completely the opposite experience. Not overwhelming, huge studio with couches and a stage with mirrors everywhere. Completely willing to do anything and everything to assist. My dress was the first one I tried on there. :)
    September 2011 siggy challenge- Shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • casjarcasjar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my bridesmaids dresses there, and had a wonderful experience. The only thing i would keep in mind is that they don't do alterations. They recommend the Golden Needle which i heard is a great place.
  • cyndibrowncyndibrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I share the same opinion as others...way overwhelming..too many dresses crammed together.  My daughter went to Ashely Renee...couldn't have been happier.  What a lovely place and even lovelier people.  You won't be dissapointed.
    cks3/10/12
  • sydnakasydnaka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got my dress from BB. It hasn't come in yet, so I can't offer insight to their service past the ordering, but I thought they were fabulous and I would definitely recommend checking it out.

They had a wide range of dresses. Prices start at about $800, but I was able to find a beautiful dress for under $1,000.

I wasn't as put off by the room and small browsing area as others. Perhaps because I'd read that before and went in with that expectation, but I really didn't think it was that bad. We went on a weekday afternoon, so we were the only ones in there, that, and my limited budget may have helped keep it from being too overwhelming. 

But Stephanie, the girl that helped me was wonderful and knowledgable, I cannot say enough good things about her.

Definitely worth a looksee imho.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my Lazaro dress and veil at a trunk show. I saved about $1000 overall. I ordered it hollow to hem and it fits perfectly. It also came in pretty quickly. The store and dressing rooms are cluttered and not very visually appealing, but the consultant there gave me some great advice that helped me finally decide between two dresses I had been debating for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards