Asian Weddings

Can I wear my hair down with a qipao?

For our wedding, I will be wearing the classic Canadian-style strapless white dress, and for the tea ceremony I'm wearing a Chinese style Qipao.

During the reception I will be changing into a cheongsam for the toasting, then a spaghetti strapped evening gown for the dance (I know, four dresses, but most of them are gifts that I am not allowed to turn down)

Ideally I would like to wear my hair down, or maybe half up half down. Will that look weird with the high-necked dresses?

My hairstylist is going to be there in the early afternoon, so the hairstyle has to last (no changes for each style of dress).

Help!!

Re: Can I wear my hair down with a qipao?

• edited December 2011

My fiancee would love that I change into four dresses. I had to fight to keep it to three dress. Initially, I just wanted two dresses.

Wear your hair however you want it. I don't think there is a rule for your hair to be up when you wear your qipao.

• edited December 2011
    I think an updo would be the best.  It will last the longest, probably would be easier when changing all your dresses (unless you have a dress that goes over your head, in which case I'd say half up or do an easy updo like a french twist or chignon), and your hair won't get in your way haha.

That's not to say you can't wear your hair down, but it might just be less hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards