August 2012 Weddings

Unsuccessful post.

I orignally posted this on the music board but didn't get any responses. I'm hoping you lovely ladies will be able to help out! 

How many songs about did you all have for your playlist? Reception is from 6-10, and I'm using my ipod, not a dj. 

And on that note since I'm not having a dj how would ya'll suggest entering the reception? I'm not big on big enterances and I definitely don't want to dance in like they do at so many other weddings. Would it be totally inappropriate to sneak in? I mean we probably wont be able to really sneak in but not make a big enterance. I was planning on having my brother make the announcements for the cake cutting, first dance and dinner, should he announce us as well? 

Re: Unsuccessful post.

• I've never been to a wedding with out the intro. What about doing a simple announcement and you all walk in as a group. Like please join me in welcoming the new MR and Mrs blank and their wedding party. Just walk in as a group to the table? I think you could get away with "sneaking" in. Are you getting married and reception at the same location? If so then I think no big announcement is really needed.
    85image 71image 14image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_unsuccessful-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e6a146e2-a168-40ee-8385-17e47b2881f5Post:538c0769-ab50-4e49-9dd9-81115fa98279">Re:Unsuccessful post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been to a wedding with out the intro. What about doing a simple announcement and you all walk in as a group. Like please join me in welcoming the new MR and Mrs blank and their wedding party. Just walk in as a group to the table? I think you could get away with "sneaking" in. Are you getting married and reception at the same location? If so then I think no big announcement is really needed.
    Posted by m tulli[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Our ceremony site is like 10 feet away from the reception. That's why I didn't really think a huge announcement was necessary since everyone will bill milling about and heading over. And there is only going to be like 30-45mintues between the two. 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_unsuccessful-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e6a146e2-a168-40ee-8385-17e47b2881f5Post:535f834b-c222-489d-a408-f1a47719525f">Unsuccessful post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I orignally posted this on the music board but didn't get any responses. I'm hoping you lovely ladies will be able to help out!  How many songs about did you all have for your playlist?<strong> I think I heard 50-60 songs can be played in that amount of time? Since you are making the play list you could totally guestimate it yourself.</strong> Reception is from 6-10, and I'm using my ipod, not a dj.  And on that note since I'm not having a dj how would ya'll suggest entering the reception? I'm not big on big enterances and I definitely don't want to dance in like they do at so many other weddings. Would it be totally inappropriate to sneak in? I mean we probably wont be able to really sneak in but not make a big enterance. I was planning on having my brother make the announcements for the cake cutting, first dance and dinner, should he announce us as well? <strong>You should do it how you feel most comfortable. If you don't want a big entrance, don't have one. People WILL notice you. I'm sure folks will be watching you two, and walking up to you to all night long. So there isn't a huge need for someone to announce you, per say. Guests are probably just used to it, but they'll  get over it.</strong>
    Posted by ElyseE25[/QUOTE]
  • I'm planning on using an ipod/laptop also. I haven't gotten to the point where FI and I have sat down to pick songs yet, but if you use Itunes and create a playlist, it should tell you what the time length adds up to (If you don't have Itunes, I think any other media player should do the same thing). I think what I would do is add a little more music than you might get to, just in case. So if you need 4 hours worth of music, add about 4 and a half hours. I would just add the music you want, see what that adds up to, then go from there. I think that's the best way to go about it, since individual song lengths vary, so it's harder to think of it in number of songs compared to duration. 

Hope that helps!
  • You may want to consider adding enough to account for lulls on the dance floor.  I went to a reception last year where the bride skipped through a few songs that weren't getting people up to dance. 
    I think it'd be ok for your brother to do a quick announcement.  Everyone will know you're there, but it is a nice transition to signal the start of the party!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards