Louisiana-New Orleans

Hair and Makeup PLEASE HELP!!!

Okay, for those of you who have your photographs back from your wedding or engagement pics- who did you use for your hair and makeup?  I need someone new- and fast.  I thought I looked fine the day of our engagement pictures, but got the pics back and look like I am about 20 years older than I am, and looks like I got hit in the face with a makeup gun under my eyes- it made me have wrinkles I don't even have.  I am not afraid of makeup (I love makeup), but I am afraid of bad, cakey makeup.  I have 6 weeks to find a new plan- help!!!!

Re: Hair and Makeup PLEASE HELP!!!

• edited December 2011
    I used heather with flawless. You'll see some reviews about her being sketchy in the past, but I haven't had any problems so far. She even cuts my hair now. Go to http://www.eauphoto-proofs.com/
    lori and todd engagements
    i think lt10 is the password.  If that's wrong let me know and i'll find the email with all the info
  • themegtthemegt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Katie at Pixie Cosmetics on Magazine Street and she recommended her friend Anne for hair (If you google Pixie Cosmetics her number will come up).  They both will come to you.  I have only had my trials, but was very happy.  Many of my friends recommended Katie and love her.  Someone else recommended a woman at The Ritz Carlton who does hair and makeup and will come to you as well.  Her email is bemahl@cox.net.  I am spacing on her name right now, but I think it may be Beryl. 
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Make Me Up for my wedding day make-up. It came out great (she did regular not airbrushed but you can do airbrush with them if you'd like). I have pictures at home that I can send to you tonight, if you're interested.

Just something to consider - maybe you should tell the make-up artist who you had your trial with that you weren't completely happy after looking at the photos? After my trial, I wasn't totally sold on the fake eyelashes so I told them and they paired them down for me on the day of.
  • edited December 2011
    I used/using Gwen with SWAK. She did my make-up for my engagement pictures. I think my make-up came out great!
  • edited December 2011
    who did your hair and makeup for your engagement pics?
  • edited December 2011
    who did your hair and makeup for your engagement pics?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone- you have no idea what a relief it is to be able to post an emergency question and get help from y'all.

As far as who I am using...I really don't want to go there yet- they have people on this board and if I don't find anyone else, I don't want to piss them off. 

I have a trial with Katie from Pixie and then also one with Make Me Up for makeup scheduled next weekend.  And then Albert Brown for hair.  An unplanned trip to NOLA is not the worst thing that has happened to me.  Hope this goes well!
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't panic only about makeup. I could also be your photographer and lighting they used.
  • edited December 2011

Danielle and Brittany from Kiss and Makeup. (504) 442-1743 , .they worked for a well known NOLA  company for the last three years and have now recently branched off on their own.  Danielle did my hair, someone else did our makeup, but they use the same products and technique.  We looked GORGEOUS for my wedding, the pictures are awesome...airbrushed makeup is the way to go.  I'm 38, my bridesmaids all in their late 30's ( one is 41, see if you can tell which one) !  We looked like we were in our 20's...not a line, wrinkle, blemish, not cakey at all and lasted all night without needing touchups. With Kiss and Makeup being a new company, I'm sure they will be avaiable at such short notice and I think are even giving free trials at the moment. Not sure if that's still going on, I know she told me last she's booked 12 weddings in the past month!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards