Michigan-Detroit

Barns or gardens to rent on a budget- need suggestions

Hello my future brides!
My fiancé and I have decided we want a barn/park/gardens at an inexpensive price. We intend to do a lot of the wok ourselves to save money. I've researched many places, but need some genuine input. Location isn't as large of an issue, although we live in the Plymouth area.
Anyone have suggestions? Particularly on location, but if you have some tips on money savers those are also welcome. Hey- even if you have a beautiful yard to rent, let me know! Thanks!

Re: Barns or gardens to rent on a budget- need suggestions

• Wilson Barn in Livonia is nice. It is $200 for 5 hours for non Livonia residents. But it does not allow alcohol.

• Upland Hills Farm near Addison Oaks, Oakland County is a working educational farm.  We considered it because it allowed us to bring in whatever we wanted, lower cost and friend;y people.  They have a partially enclosed pavillion and a fully enclosed space for a smaller reception or ceremony.

Camp Skyline in Almont

Drayton Plains in Waterford- nature park

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Beverly Hills Park in Beverly Hills has a large pavilion with restrooms. It's on Beverly Rd, which I believe is 13 1/2 mile Rd, just west of Southfield Rd.

Info here: http://www.villagebeverlyhills.com/pavilion.htm

Not sure what you consider "inexpensive". Greenmead Village in Livonia is a city owned park, with a chapel and/or banquet facility you can rent. Not sure what they charge for just the gardens, or even if that is an option. You can see pictures in my bio link below. I think the chapel and banquet facility was $1000 combined, and that was the Livonia resident price, because my husband lived there before our marriage

Info here:
    https://www.ci.livonia.mi.us/tabid/189/Departments/Community%20Resources/Greenmead/NewburgIntersection.aspx

Check out the Huron-Metro park system, they have tons of parks, but if you want a pavilion to have access to a bathroom it will be dependent on their rental policies
  • I just heard that Shiawasee Park in Farmington/Farmington Hills will hold a ceremony for $10 (the cost of the permit). Its a very pretty location and close to downtown which is nice for pictures. Not sure about accomodating a reception at this location though.

We are getting married at Lazy J Ranch in Milford, MI and having our reception there too. I thought it was reasonably priced. The website leaves a lot to be desired but if you google other weddings at this location you'll see it for what it truly can be. :)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards