Illinois

i need advice!!!!!!!!

so my fiance and i are getting closer to the date. im really excited but at the same time im working seven days a week to try to pay for it.  she goes to school ( yes im the groom to be and probably the first to blog) and works a couple days a week.  im thinking were gonna be ok but were having tough times lol. a we dont see each other too much at all.  b  what should we pay off first hall dj photo....

Re: i need advice!!!!!!!!

• Walters4hawksWalters4hawks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, it's nice to see a guy on here! I totally understand working a lot of hours and going to school. I went thru that. Did you pay deposits on all your vendors and venues?? What my husband and I did was we had a 1 year before we got married. We booked (made deposits which usually is half) the vendors/venues and paid one vendor/venue off at a time. We started off with the Band (we did a band instead of DJ) than the photographer. Than we paid our venue/suite off. (We got married outside at a resort. so we paid the vendor and our hotel room) than we paid the caterer off. By the time we got to the wedding we just had lttle stuff like the party bus, bartenders, cake, etc. I hope this helps! Goodluck =)
  • Walters4hawksWalters4hawks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also....because we were so stressed we hired a wedding planner for the rehearsal and day of...I def recommend hiring one. We were on a strict budget because we were paying for the wedding. We used a planner in Galena, IL who traveled to us. We paid for her hotel room and her package for both nights was $800 totally worth it. I Do Planning in Galena if your interested. A planner just helps ease a lot of stress especially on the day of. A wedding can be very stressful!!!
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear you!  My groom is totally doing most of our planning and I'm surprised he isn't on here. 

For the seeing each other part, I'm going to be really corny and recommend something we learned in our Precana.  Not sure if you have or are doing PreCana but we did something called PRCD.  Personal Dialogue, Reflection, and Couples Dialogue.  It is free and it really helps you reconnect and gives you strength in your relationship.

As far as what to pay off.. we totally made our list the other night.  I recommend printing out a basic calender from word and writing down the last payment date on each vendor.  Also, take note what you can pay each vendor with.  Can you pay credit the day of, week of?  Can you pay with person check the day of, week of?

I hope that helps and good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • check with your vendors to see if they will let you pay after the event if you sign a promissory note...we all know a lot of people give $$ as gifts, so that might take some pressure off. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards