Ohio-Cleveland
Options

WHERE DID YOU FIND YOUR DRESS?

I am starting to look at dresses and am just wondering were everyone is finding there dresses?  Also if they are good prices?  Anyone have any places I should defiantly  go look? 

Re: WHERE DID YOU FIND YOUR DRESS?

• Options
    AngelaRxAngelaRx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actual drove to Cincinnati Bridal and Formal. They have so many dresses to choose from and the staff was amazing to work with. Only think I wish I knew before had was that you change in and out of dresses in a room with 10 or more brides. I found my dream drss way under budget and I still got a discount! I'm from Cleveland but it was worth the drive.
  • Options
    LATRPLATRP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to EXPRESSIONS bridal in mentor and found my dream dress--a Maggie Sottero, and way less than i would have expected!  Most of all, the staff is incredible and worked together to find the perfect style, shade and size for me! LOVE them!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The 1st place I checked out just to try a bunch of styles on was Catan Bridal. It was a great way to figure out what looked good. I didn't find my 'dream dress' there, but was able to narrow down what kinds of styles worked for me and what didn't. Bring a camera! After you try on 5 or 10 dresses, it's hard to remember how they looked when they were on.

The store where I found and purchased my dress (and veil too) was Julianne's Bridal Outlet. It's a consignment shop in Olmsted Falls. Since they sell on consignment, their selection is always changing, and they're very picky about what they accept to sell. It's all in great shape and prices are reasonable. I highly recommend them, if you're ok buying past-season or previously worn gowns. Even if you aren't, they're a wonderful shop to handle alterations.

Julianne's seamstress, Denise, does excellent work for a reasonable price. She did my bridal gown alts, as well as a bridesmaid dress for me when I was in my brother's wedding. Yes, they'll work on ANY dress -- not just those purchased from their shop. My BM dress was from Catan's. Denise also altered 2 of my bridesmaids' dresses (purchased from David's) for my wedding and did a very good job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hhgg1225hhgg1225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at davids bridal. I walked into the store with a different idea of what I was going to buy and the I saw the most beautiful dress on display and I knew it was mine. even before I tried it on. It was on sale for 499. I bought it right off the rack. I also chose my bridesmaids/flower girl dresses from them. very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenna.linderjenna.linder member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Perfect Bride in Rocky River.
    imagePhotobucketimagePhotobucketPromote My Wedding
  • Options
    saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Bridal Elegance in Erie, PA for mine.  They were awesome, had a huge selection, and the most expensive gown is 1700.  We're going back there for the BMs gowns
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Pat Catan's.  My cousin found her dress at Dora's Bridal in Fairview Park.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    matinas in beavhwood:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dora's Bridal in Fairview Park!!  I found my dress after just trying on 6 dresses and the prices were really reasonable.  I spent much less than I was planning on....and I got my veil there too!!

Dora's came in 1st place last year on Fox 8's Hotlist Contest:

http://fox8.cityvoter.com/winners/cleveland-hot-list/4750/weddings/wedding-dresses

Good Luck!

Stephanie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I shopped at All Brides Beautiful in Hudson.  I actually got my dress at a sample sale and paid $84 - it's a Bellisima Couture gown that retails for around $2500.  So the best advice I can give is SAMPLE SALE!!  But everyone at the shop was really nice, helpful and could accomodate a schedule that didn't work with their normal business hours.  I got my alterations there too, and it was extremely good work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lavender's Bridal in Dover, Ohio.  I also had my alterations done there, which was excellent work for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Filene's Basement Running of the Brides sale back in August.  If you have time to make it to one of these, they only do it once a year, I say go for it.  It was an amazing super fun awesome experience for me and my family/friends. 

I actually had a "back up" dress picked out from Catan Fashions in Strongsville in case I didn't find anything at Filene's.  I really like Catan's too, you should check them out as well.  Hope that helps!  :)
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • Options
    starlite21lstarlite21l member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest checking out Catan's first that is what everyone told me to do and I am sooooo glad I did!  They have the largest selection of gowns in our area.  I realized trying on gowns there that what I thought I wanted was TOTALLY different than what actually looked good on me.

I ended up getting my dress at Coming Attractions Bridal in Akron.  I think I found it on the Fox 8 Hotlist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We road tripped it a bit to Henri's Cloud Nine which is in Minerva (a bit southeast of Canton). I wouldn't have gone anywhere else, I've been buying gowns from them since I was in high school. :)
  • Options
    Bgriz722Bgriz722 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Lavendar Bridal in Dover OH. Great people and have helped me so much with getting dresses for the entire bridal party organized. If you buy your dress there, your bridesmaids, flower girls, and all your accessories will be 10% off. Thanks!
  • Options
    UDangel529UDangel529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candlelite Bridal in Sheffield Village.  The owner carries Mary's Bridal which is known for beautifully made but shockingly inexpensive gowns (she also carries a few other designers).  We went there so my grandma could watch me try on dresses & I ended up fitting into one on the sale rack -- it currently resides in my closet.  It was a great intimate experience but I did go to Catan's as well an was able to really nail dow the style I was after from that experience.  Best advice -- Stick to your budget & dont say Yes to a dress you cant fit into or afford.,
  • Options
    courtnaypaulcourtnaypaul member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brides by the Fall's...it is pricey but worth EVERY penny. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After a lot of shopping around (I live in ATL), I ordered mine from www.yourdreamdress.com. They sell never-worn designer dresses at a discount.  There are a lot of used dress websites--many of the dresses have never been worn.  Always worth checking out.  preownedweddingdresses.com, bravobride.com, recycledbride.com, scarlet's closet, ledressboutique.

My bridesmaid dresses came from Galleria Gowns in Willoughby Hills.  Great selection and excellent customer service
  • Options
    JAck5209JAck5209 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Catan's Bridal.  I loved the selection but was a but weary of the prices.  I did a little price comparison and found that of the three area bridal stores that carried "the one" Catan's had the lowest price. 

If you do go to Catan's, don't fall for the alternations package scheme.  They ask you to pay $500 for altterations and pressing but you can get the same services done at a mom and pop place for 1/4 the price. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I saw and tried it on at one of the locale stores and then got it at Netbride for a lot less. http://netbride.com/
  • Options
    lpereksta08lpereksta08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Brides by Demetrios in beachwood, they have amazing couture style dresses for around $1000-$1500.  You see dresses like these on "Say yes to the Dress " and "Girl Meets Gown" and they're $5000, $10000.  Brides by Demetrios has been perfect for me as I couldnt have just a normal, run of the mill dress, i needed some spice and they gave it to me.
  • Options
    ralpineralpine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Courtnaypaul....do you know what the price range for Brides by the Falls is?  I want to go there, but I don't know if it's over my limit.  I don't want to find a dress I love that's too expensive.  My budget is $3,000...are there dresses below that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally did not like Catan's, at all.   I got better service at David's Bridal.  I tried on dresses at David's and found one I kinda liked, then went to Catan's the next day and did not have a good experience.   But then I saw THE dress on the knot.   I was living in Columbus at the time, and tried it on at a shop near where I lived.  I loved it! However, I knew the price was more than what I had seen online and then saw this place had crappy reviews.  So I called around different places in Cleveland, and Dora's also carried that same designer.  The bonus for me is that Dora's is less than  mile from my parents house.  Since I was living in Columbus, and traveling to Chicago at least monthly, my weekends in Cleveland were sparse.   They worked around my schedule and were a pleasure to work with. I had the alterations done there, and they turned out great and not that expensive.  I ordered my dress at the end of Feb, and it was in about a month before they said it would be. They also stored the dress until my wedding day.   

We ordered the bridesmaid dresses from David's- b/c I had all my nieces in the wedding and pre-teens and younger teens grow too much to order dresses 6 months in advance :)

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    amariemazamariemaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to several shops, Catan's, David's and Dora's Bridal but found my dream dress at The Perfect Bride in Rocky River.  I had the best experience there.  The sales ladies are very helpful. 
    I also found several I liked at Catan's but the service was just ok.  I did NOT like David's Bridal.  The sales girl appeared bored and was no help at all. 
  • Options
    Bailey79Bailey79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did a lot of online searching. I narrowed it down to two styles
    I love. Then I purchased my dress from www.dynamicbrides.com. I had it custom made for $449 with free shipping. Great price and I stayed with in my budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my Dress at Matina's in Beachwood. It was a sample 50% off and it's beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards