Outdoor Weddings

Uneven Ground-- Event Decking?

My Fiance and I have planned to have our wedding at our newly built home since long before it was built.  Now that it's done, the backyard area where we'd really like to hold the reception has a pretty steep grade.  It drops off about 5 to 6 feet in a 15 foot length of area.  Anyway, I considered having tent subflooring brought out with no tent.  I don't even know if that's feasable.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

We do have an alternate spot in the homeowner's common area we can use, but it's quite a walk from any roadway for older people and we'd have to rent additional bathrooms, so we would like to avoid that if possible. 

Thanks for any ideas anyone might have!

Re: Uneven Ground-- Event Decking?

• How many people are invited? You probably need to rent bathroom facilities in either case. If you have over 40 people there, you're going to want to rent something. With the sound of that grade, I'd use the common area. I don't know if you could get a test deck or whatever, but I bet it's more expensive than bathroom rental, which you'll need in either case. GL!
  • We looked into decking for our tent and it was prohibitively expensive to say the least.  Our grade is nowhere near as steep as yours though so we are making do (I mostly wanted the decking to be able to have a dance floor/women in high heels issues). 

I would try to price out both options with as meny rental companies as possible and then do what fits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards