Nevada-Las Vegas

Need an exit song for COF and Im so lost

I would like it to be a fun song since the ending video shows all of vegas after we walk down the isle. I look on music board and no luck because of the venues were different then a vegas setting

Re: Need an exit song for COF and Im so lost

• edited December 2011
    What type of music do you guys like? I know it's not common to exit on, more of an entrance to reception song but we did Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling"
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • jessicademahyjessicademahy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Im not a BEP fan but that is the type of song I guess i am looking for
  • edited December 2011
    viva las vegas?...all you need is love? i am in love with the vitamin string quartet, maybe you can find something with them. good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We're thinking about doing something funny like 'Here Comes the Hotstepper".  LOLOL
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

LOl that is funny, I will check out that other group too

• edited December 2011
    We picked an Elvis song to set the tone.
  • edited December 2011
    We did "signed Sealed Delivered" by Stevie Wonder
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ae going to have 'You've Got the Love' by the Source, ft. Candi Staton. I love the lyrics and the chorus comes up really quickly so should set a happy tone!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!  We danced out to "I Gotta Feeling".  How about...

"Some Kind of Wonderful" - Grank Funk Railroad

Anything by Elvis would be good too.

• edited December 2011
    We walked out to "Jackson" by Johnny Cash - a song we'd dance to in our living room. It's fun and upbeat and has the line "We got married in a fever..."

So think of a song that you guys dance to all the time - maybe something like Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"

Here's a neat site: http://www.secretweddingsongs.com/recessional-songs.html
  • edited December 2011
    For the exit we picked classical but for the procession we picked At Last, Etta James.
    Hope it helps :-)
  • edited December 2011
    We walked out to Prince's Let's Go Crazy since DH is a big Prince fan.  My sister and her husband walked out to Elvis's A little Less Conversation which is a good Vegas song.
  • 11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good post!  This is EXACTLY the problem we have been having here.  I have all the other ceremony picked out but don't like any of the violin music for an exit....definately like the BEP song....not sure how FI feels about that though...definately looking for something along those lines though.  It is nice to know other ppl are having the same issues as me :)
  • edited December 2011
    we are planning on walking out to U2 beautiful day
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We used "The Best is Yet to Come" duet with Tony Bennett and Diana Krall.  Loved it!
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wiwicaty, we are using At Last by Etta James as our processional as well!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" lol
  • edited December 2011
    i wanted to use "you are the best thing" by Ray LaMontagne - but my FSIL used it at her wedding, so i don't want to copy her :)

but its a great song - d/l it if you haven't heard it
  • edited December 2011
    We used "You are the best thing" during the first hour of our reception - the hour was comprised of musicians DH & I had seen in concert together. Everything from Ray LaMontagne to Bon Iver to Eminem & 50 Cent! LOL

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-exit-song-cof-im-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcf9b2a8-da2b-49b3-a987-9c209b1ddf19Post:ac42ba3e-5323-4d21-bb26-63c62c4d793e">Re: Need an exit song for COF and Im so lost</a>:
    [QUOTE]i wanted to use "you are the best thing" by Ray LaMontagne - but my FSIL used it at her wedding, so i don't want to copy her :) but its a great song - d/l it if you haven't heard it
    Posted by amandajean36[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-exit-song-cof-im-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcf9b2a8-da2b-49b3-a987-9c209b1ddf19Post:551fdcd3-3a6b-4fe2-8b81-a649ca620786">Re: Need an exit song for COF and Im so lost</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used "You are the best thing" during the first hour of our reception - the hour was comprised of musicians DH & I had seen in concert together. Everything from Ray LaMontagne to Bon Iver to Eminem & 50 Cent! LOL In Response to Re: Need an exit song for COF and Im so lost :
    Posted by chrisandeva[/QUOTE]
    i just saw Ray in concert with David Gray - he seems so shy/uncomfortable being in front of a big crowd.  but i am totally in love with his voice :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-exit-song-cof-im-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcf9b2a8-da2b-49b3-a987-9c209b1ddf19Post:e1dc3d6f-2f08-4410-8c70-15fd09f45b07">Re: Need an exit song for COF and Im so lost</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wiwicaty, we are using At Last by Etta James as our processional as well!
    Posted by Gribbles[/QUOTE]

<div>Isn't it just perfect!!! :-)</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad got married to that song and well she ruined it for me lol I use to love that song not so much anymore
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are exiting to Ants Marching by Dave Matthews Band, we love it and it's upbeat.  We are huge fans of DMB though so it's very us.  I say pick a song that means something to you if you can and is more upbeat, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards