October 2012 Weddings

Hurricane Sandy

I hope everyone who is in the path of Sandy is safe and your homes sustain little or no damage.

We took a mini-moon to Atlantic City that we had to cut slightly short to evacuate, but we left early and hit no traffic.  H's job is closed today and tomorrow and my school district is closed today and hopefully tomorrow, so our mini-moon is extended, even if we're home :)

Re: Hurricane Sandy

• It seems like everything around us is closed for no real reason.  It is barely windy here and it has been sprinkling on and off all morning.  I am hoping that the power goes out and maybe we can go home but it doesn't seem likely.  :(

Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We are on the Jersey Shore (not in an evacuation area), power went out for a little, back on now.  One HUGE tree limb down, fell on the neighbor's fence.  Hoping everyone is staying safe!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• We live on the edge of Queens, so we're staying further inland at a friend's house. With the trains down, my office is closed today and tomorrow (well, "working from home."). I just knocked out half of my thank you notes! Thanks, Sandy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards