Michigan-Detroit

General cost for dj

Hello all,
I was hoping i could get some idea of what a dj should cost. I have a friend who is a pretty well known club dj, but he doesn't do weddings. He has given me the name of a friend of his that is also pretty known, and we are supposed to be getting a deal. But i wanted to be sure that the 'deal" isn't still more than a regular dj would cost, since he is "known" i don't know if that is worth over paying.

Also if any of you lovely ladies has any suggestions of a good dj from your experiance. Oakland County area i guess..(unless they are supposed to go a large distance, lol im new to this if you didn't notice)

Thanks in advance,
Gina
Future Mrs.Hensley Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: General cost for dj

• I've seen DJs range from $250 to $2400.  What is your the package you were given?  That would help narrow down the cost some.

As far as recommendations, I can't say anything but amazing things about my DJ: Mike Ziamba, owner of The Music Butler.
  • I agree with the above, the average amount depends on several factors and can range big time. My wedding was in February and my two best wedding choices were using a DOC (Shelly from SimplicityDOC) and my DJ (Ron Johnson from Night and Day Prodcutions). Both were beyond helpful past their job descriptions and both made sure the wedding night was amazing!
  • Our wedding is in 10 days and we are going with JAC Entertainment owner Joe Cusumano.  He gave us an amazing price with uplighting and music for the ceremony since it's all at one place.  He has been so helpful and reassuring. Everytime I go to a wedding I immediately e-mail him with things I liked and things I didn't.  Joe always gets right back to me and walks me through his proceedure and assures me it will not happen with him.  I will be back with a full review after the wedding.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It really depends on the package.

I paid $1400 for mine. That includes the ceremony music (which was $300), and I get 6 hours of music. There are also 2 djs so they can move around easily and help each other out. Also comes with some lights and includes online planning as well as conslutations.

The company also offers videography, photography and photobooth options. If you book more than 1 service you save signficantly but we didn't want to go that route.
    June 16, 2012
  • Ours is $895 with Mike Staff. Would have been $1095 but they knocked $200 off bc we booked them for video too!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_general-cost-for-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:74bd61f1-88db-4286-ad19-d66c4d6e31daPost:681d07c0-21ba-4a06-9845-895f4052df03">Re: General cost for dj</a>:
    [QUOTE]It really depends on the package. I paid $1400 for mine. That includes the ceremony music (which was $300), and I get 6 hours of music. There are also 2 djs so they can move around easily and help each other out. Also comes with some lights and includes online planning as well as conslutations. The company also offers videography, photography and photobooth options. If you book more than 1 service you save signficantly but we didn't want to go that route.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Who did you use?</div>
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a similar deal with Mike Staff. I think if I did it again, I'd probably find a DJ who was cheaper as I was disappointed in the quality of my DJ for the price I paid.

Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards