Wedding Etiquette Forum

Morning!!!

Mica, your sig pic.  HAHAHAHAHA. 

How is everyone today?  Floridians staying dry?  Any break yet? 

Re: Morning!!!

• Morning Stacks!

Busy day today.  I'm meeting with my lawyer at 6 to finish up the case against my landlord and avoid eviction.

Rent stabilization is soo confusing, I can't do it by myself!
  • I'm about ready to give up on today. I had a come to Jesus talk with one of the groups that is causing me trouble, but now I'm facing issues with the person who is handling our newsletter this month, which will cause a delay in the deadline, and I am feeling really, really sick.

I give up on today.

Sorry guys. I know I haven't been a ray of sunshine lately. I think this weather is getting to me. People are wearing SWEATERS today it's so cold. Blech.
  • Well, it's not raining at the moment so I guess that's a bit of a break.

Last night sucked. The garage flooded so we spent the night clearing drains, bailing water, and moving stuff into the house (mostly books and some electronics). Flash floods are going on all around us, like 2 minutes down the street. Luckily we are at a wide point in the river so while it was level with the backyard it wasn't in our house like other people.

Our landlord is out of town so they are freaking out and having us check their place all the time. Their basemebt (yes, a basement in Florida) is going to be underwater and their cabin (where we got married) is probably in similiar shape. People in that area were evacuated last night.
  • Is that average weather snips?  Or just unusually cold for the summer this year?  Either way, I need sunshine to function so I totally get your funk.  Hopefully the come to Jesus talk will do something. 

Good luck OOT, I hope it all works out how you want it too!  That doesn't sound fun. 

Hi Aleigh, how's married life? 

• Oh man Sesh.  I'm glad that your house isn't getting water in it, although any water clean up, even in a garage sucks!  We should be leaving for Florida on Friday but decided to not go this summer, I guess it kind of worked out for us that we changed our plans.  I hope you don't have any flash flooding at your house! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0b24b4c-60e6-45d0-aa20-ba81003cc955Post:0e948877-638a-4462-adc7-c252e5b21c96">Re: Morning!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Hi Aleigh, how's married life? 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

<div>It's great! I'm waiting on my new social security card to come in the mail so I can get started on my name change.</div>
  • Morning!

FI had to leave early for work today. My boss is such a douche, I cannot stand him. Everytime he is away for the day he gives us a HUGE task list we have to do, most (well all) of which are things he was supposed to do before he left but didnt want to so we were stuck doing it. He actually told one of my co workers that if he didnt do the tasks that he assigned him, he would dock his pay.

FI's cousin put up maternity shots and they are all so cute! I'm usually not one to like maternity shot (I see A LOT at work & they are all so creepy) but i loved every single one of theirs. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning.  *HUGS* to Sesh and Snippy.  Sorry things are going so rough right now.

Today's going to be a busy day...work, errands, people coming to visit tonight.  I have to get to the bookstore at some point and get my last two books for my class starting Monday. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0b24b4c-60e6-45d0-aa20-ba81003cc955Post:91636882-43cf-46de-81a9-48d342b67bc1">Re: Morning!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man Sesh.  I'm glad that your house isn't getting water in it, although any water clean up, even in a garage sucks!  We should be leaving for Florida on Friday but decided to not go this summer, I guess it kind of worked out for us that we changed our plans.  I hope you don't have any flash flooding at your house! 

We've never had flooding in the house, thankfully, maybe because there is a big area under the house for water to drain (our house is the weirdest design ever). But, there's a first for everything I suppose. Our washer, dryer, and garage fridge are up on pallets anyway so at least they should be okay.

The weather people said this should be a mild year for storms and hurricanes. So much for that. With the warmn winter we had, you'd think they'd say the opposite. It's funny because every year they say it will be the worst one yet, and we get nothing. Now they say it will be mild, and we get storms.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0b24b4c-60e6-45d0-aa20-ba81003cc955Post:0e948877-638a-4462-adc7-c252e5b21c96">Re: Morning!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that average weather snips?  Or just unusually cold for the summer this year?  Either way, I need sunshine to function so I totally get your funk.  Hopefully the come to Jesus talk will do something. 
    No, it's not the norm for here at all. It's usually in the low 70's with sun. I just feel miserable and like sitting down to cry for the rest of the day.

But Lil'Stack is making me smile,so there's that.
  • Good morning! Sesh - so sorry about the rain and flooding. I hope you guys come through this ok. Aleigh - what a stunning bride! I love your flowers too. We are going to the West side of the state later on today, not too far from Lake MI. It is parent's night at DS's Scout camp. They are making BBQ ribs for everyone and we bring sides. DS wants me to make cole slaw and bring buns so he can make his a sandwich. Bringing baked beans too. Gotta get them started as it will be 95 here today.
  • So sorry for all the rain, FL people. Is there anyone here from CO that are affected by the fires? I've got a pretty unremarkable day in front of me. H is going to a baseball game with my dad, sister, and nephew today. I hope he wears sunscreen and drinks a lot if water like he told me he would. He gets sick pretty easily in the heat, and it's supposed to feel 100 today, which is a big deal for MN.
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Sesh - I hope you guys stay safe!  I've been hearing about all the flooding going on in FL and I can only imagine how devastating it is to watch or hear that all of your belongings are underwater and/or gone. 

Snippy - I haven't been a ball of sunshine either lately.  Weather can really affect your (general "you") mood, so that really could be why.  It was almost 110 degrees here yesterday...ugh. I walk outside to get in my car that's parked right downstairs and I'm sweaty by the time my butt hits the driver's seat.

Today looks to be a good day.  I am getting a break from the incessant ringing of the phones and the stacks of charts on my desk in the office.  Instead, I get to head over to the brand spankin' new building and get some scanning done today.  Before this would have been a sucky, mindless way to spend a day but now its like a friggin' vacation.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We're getting more rain. Oh, and I have no power at the moment which means no shower before BB woke up, no coffee, no AC/fans, and who knows how long my battery will last.  And I have an online assignment due.  WIll be working in Word and hitting save frequently  in case my battery dies.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Sesh - I hope the water stays out of the house!  Our property is actually in a dried up lake bed so we're in a flood zone.  So far, so good.

• Angel your sig is hilarious. I still can't figure out if it's a cat or dog. Or gremlin of some kind.
  • Morning!

Big hugs to Snippy!

Sesh, sorry you had to deal with all that clean up but at least it was just the garage. I don't know what I would do in a house without a basement. That is such a foreign concept to me but I know why they're not popular in Florida.

Aleigh, you just reminded me that I forgot my SS card at home. Again. I need it to change my name at work. Since they took all HR people out of our office, I have to show the secretary then she has to fax a copy of it to the HR lady all the way in Washington state.

Last night my BFF had to cancel on the movie because her son was sick so we saw the Three Stooges instead of Dark Shadows. It was okay. H was far too thrilled to see it but at least it was $1.75 night. We also picked up our comforter set from BB&B. I LOVE IT.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-77?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0b24b4c-60e6-45d0-aa20-ba81003cc955Post:46e5bbd9-0c41-4e56-83c5-4ba2646c47a1">Re: Morning!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Sesh - so sorry about the rain and flooding. I hope you guys come through this ok. Aleigh - what a stunning bride! I love your flowers too. We are going to the West side of the state later on today, not too far from Lake MI. It is parent's night at DS's Scout camp. They are making BBQ ribs for everyone and we bring sides. DS wants me to make cole slaw and bring buns so he can make his a sandwich. Bringing baked beans too. Gotta get them started as it will be 95 here today.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]
    Well that makes me homesick. We have a house in St. Joseph, about a mile from the beach. *sigh*

Angel, your sig cracks me up. Is that a rabbit?

And yeah, I don't normally suffer from SAD, but this is killing me. It's bothering a lot of the people I work with too-- tons of crankiness going around.
  • Morning all,

Sesh, I have been watching the flooding and weather your way, glad you are staying safe. 

Snippy, I totally need sunshine so I get it too.  Sending some sunshine your way, we have blue skies and 81 degrees.  Here is a picture of my kids ducks enjoying the water and sunshine.

• Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Ski - 1 Week! =D

My FI doesnt like to sleep with the dogs in bed because the big one will literally take up 80% of the bed, she likes to stretch out all over and its hard to move her, FI hates it but i dont mind it so since he leaves for work an hour & a half before I do, I get them to come up into bed then & we cuddle haha. 
    My pups always know when i'm sad, they just  cuddle right into me & dont leave my side - I love them!

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ski, you have a duck? I want a duck. What are their names?

I'm always fascinated by storms and hurricanes and flooding. I love watching coverage on TV, and seeing the aftermath around town. But then the water comes in my garage and I'm like, "Dude. This isn't fun at all."
  • Good morning! I am mad at myself for volunteering to come 1 1/2 hours early each day I'm at work this week.  I can use the money but 10 hour days suck.

H and I wento ver our registries last night to figure out what we still want to buy ourselves.  The target 10% off thing came in the mail yesteday so we're going tonight to buy all the stuff plus stuff we'll need for the HM next week.

Sesh, I'm sorry about the garage. I hope it doesn't continue to be a PITA!
  • Mrs.B - no coffee and no A/C?  I'd be in full-on crisis mode right now, thank you very much.  I hope your power gets restored soon!  That is not a fun thing to wake up to.

Snippy - haha, yes it's a rabbit. :)  I have no idea what poor sucker had to endure to get his fur like that (or maybe its just Photoshop magic).  Do you take any Vitamin D supplements?  I don't know if that would help, but I take Vitamin D3 supplements every day since I'm generally low in Vit D when I do bloodwork.  I don't spend much time outside at all, primarily because its way to effing hot here and if I do go outside, I become one giant walking eczema rash.  Hott.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My kids raised all kinds of birds between 2000-2010.  Turkeys, Ducks, Small Chickens.  The turkeys were the most social of the birds, but the ducks were probably the most fun.  They had names for each of them.  We had 10 total in the first batch that we brought home for them one easter.  The baby ducks were only 6 days old when we got them.  Their expressions were the best when they realize they were for them.  Lets see, their names,

Lucy, Racer, Pearl, Batman, the rest of the original groups names escape me.  Fun times.  We lived next to a creek, so we would open the gate to the little yard, and waddle, waddle, they went.  About dusk, they would come right back up to the little yard.

• Good morning all.

I have a sweater on and the heat in the car. It got down to 51 at the house last night!

I have a tummy ache this morning. I think it's work induced stress. :(
  • Good Morning!

It's super hot here (for us).  I was coming into work at about 6:30 and this lady was walking her poor shaggy dog.  That poor thing was as far behind her as the leash would let him be.  He loooked miserable.  I felt so bad for the poor dog.

I need to get my application filled out for a new passport today.  Mine expired, but I'm not sure if that means I have to get a whole new one, or I can still renew the one I have.  I guess I'll find out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • OMG Batman is an awesome name for a duck.
  • Morning!  I'm ready to go back to my own house now.  I'm going to make H flip a coin to see who has to stay at the house we're watching tomorrow. 

Sesh, why in the world do they have a basement?  That's bizarre.

Snippy, do you think one of those sun lamps would help, at work at least?  I would probably be feeling the same as you.  I biiitch when it gets too hot, but that much dreariness would make me crazy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Snips - I like the idea of a sun lamp.  Maybe a little desk plant, too?  Something to bring some cheer. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards