California-Northern

Gifts For the Bridesmaids

Hello,
     I am trying to figure out how much is too much to spend on my bridesmaids or am I not spending enought. I am doing a masquerade wedding. I am buying the bridesmaids masks which will be about $25 each and I am buying them evening gloves $22 each. I am also hoping to do a bridesmaid luncheon the day before at a chain restaurant. Perhaps something like Mimi's Cafe. Do you think this enough?

Re: Gifts For the Bridesmaids

• edited December 2011
    price-wise i would say yes but because these things are for your wedding they aren't really a gift for that person. i would say it's part of the attire and they should pay for these themselves.

to me, the gift should be something meanful and somewhat personal.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I don't really see those items as gifts since they're using it for your wedding, and those aren't things people would usually need/want. 

Try shopping for them individually. What would you get them for their birthdays? 
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto. I really love the idea of shopping for them as it were their birthdays.I've asked my girls if there was anything they are in love with right now that they wished it was their birthday soon so I could get it for them! That way, they actually love and reuse the gift and not just stash it away somewhere. Dinner out with them as your treat sounds like a great idea! However, you know that your girls are not going to be wearing their masks or gloves from your wedding anytime soon so why not get them something they'll adore?
    "All adventurous women do."-GIRLS
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting my girls each a black clutch. They can use it for the wedding if they want, but also for other things, like evenings out, interviews, etc. Each one has their favorite color as the inside fabric. I also got them matching necklace and earrings. I am also buying them flipflops to wear to the reception but they will be cute black ones that they can wear whenever. Plus my mom told me she is paying for their hair and make up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your input. I feel I should still be responsible for the masks and gloves. I don't want to ask my bridesmaids to spend anymore money. Their dresses were $170. However I will still do my best to purchase them more useful gifts that they will love. The black clutch idea is a great idea and so is the jewlry. Anymore ideas on great gifts for bridesmaids. I am not the best with Birthday gift shopping. I usually go for books, movies, and giftcards which would not be appropriate for this. I do knit for gifts, but that is really time consuming and I don't know if they would want my knitted items either.
  • edited December 2011
    I had an idea. What about personalized luxury bathrobes?
  • edited December 2011
    i am doing personalized compacts from TK (if you wait for a sale you can get a really good deal), and necklaces with their first initial (knock-offs of the tiffany ones). do google searches for "bridesmaid gifts" and you can find some really good ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    the gift should be something they can use that isn't for your wedding. I didnt really spend tons - wine from the vineyard we got married at, picture frame with a picture of the two of us (not me and FI, me and my BM), $10 gc to starbucks... everyone seemed to really like it. 
  • edited December 2011

This is just my opinion but I really hate things that are personalized. I don't like going to the beach with a tote with my name on it, or anything that has dates embroidered on it. Just not my style, but I think it's important that whatever you get them it should have nothing to do with your wedding, and have everything to do with something that interests them. And it doesnt have to be expensive. $$$=/=how much they mean to you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_gifts-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:e0f72f40-5471-47b8-b3bc-996ff9a51243Post:f6a6e2da-743e-45a4-ab89-219ddbbb2ac4">Re: Gifts For the Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is just my opinion but I really hate things that are personalized. I don't like going to the beach with a tote with my name on it, or anything that has dates embroidered on it. 
    Posted by mrsamyjones[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I have to agree.  But if your girls would enjoy that, then go for it.  I just feel it becomes a little cheesy or young-looking.  (No disrespect!)</div><div>
    </div><div>I love the clutch idea...I'm giving mine jewelry, but it's different for every girl to suit her style.  I expect them to wear it at the wedding...but I also expect that they will wear it afterwards too.</div><div>
    </div><div>I wanted to add something else though!

</div>
    Anniversary
  • suzyq95118suzyq95118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving my bridesmaids earings with a matching necklace to wear at the wedding... it's a pretty set that they wiould rewear out and/or to work! You can find some neat stuff on ebay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards