Indiana-Indianapolis

Hawthorn's in Fishers

We're planning on having our reception at Hawthorn's Golf Club Nov 2011.  Has anyone had or been to a wedding there and can give some advice?  Thanks ladies Laughing

Re: Hawthorn's in Fishers

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there soon. Not to scare you away but my experience so far has not been the best!
    *I'm officially a married lady!*
  • edited December 2011
    oh boy, good to know!  Anything specific you'd do differently or just in general not the best?
  • edited December 2011
    My advice to you is that if you have questions and/or concerns...don't be afraid to ask or voice them! Stephanie is not very communicative. I'm pretty sure I could've gone this whole wedding planning process without ever hearing from her except to get my bill. For me, I feel like a wedding coordinator at a venue should be making you feel like you're the only bride they are dealing with, even when they are swamped with other brides...they get paid enough to! But I feel like I'm not even getting married there lol. She's also really bad about emailing you back right away (if you need something asap, try calling her first, otherwise you might be waiting a week).

Like I said, not to scare you away because it's a beautiful place and I'm sure my wedding will go just fine, but just don't be afraid to communicate with her!!

Hopefully your experience will go a lot smoother than mine!
  • kdlopez1631kdlopez1631 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HORRIBLE experience there. I was going to book my wedding there but Stephanie and I didn't see "eye-to-eye" She was very rude and made no attempt to try to reign in her attitude even when I had my FMIL with  me... I loved the reception space, very nice.. but I would never trust someone who gives customer service so little thought with my wedding day. Best of luck to you and your FI
  • edited December 2011
    I really liked the look of this place but could never even get Stephanie to give me a quote without a meeting. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    I definitely wouldn't recommend having your wedding here.

Stephanie is HORRIBLE at her job.
  • edited December 2011
    I know people who used to work there, and the chef is a royal jack@$$, and it is all about the money. snotty staff and terrible experiences.
  • Peyton210Peyton210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Lindsay,
    I am so upset to hear you think I'm snooty, stuck up and rude. Never would I ever want any of my brides to think that.  I really wish you would have said something to me instead of writting all of your hurtfull posts on the internet so that I could have the chance to do something about it. I would be more than happy to have out out for a complimentary Anniversary dinner on me here at The Hawthorns! I also want to say that I think whatever I said about the centerpieces was mis-understood. In fact I think your centerpieces were awesome and I was totally envious of you doing them all by hand and they turned out great along with your programs and I thought your idea for Mad-lib invitations was awesome! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience and I would like to treat you to dinner here with us.  I sincerely hope all is well and if I can ever do anything to help make up for this bad experience you had please let me know! 
    Sincerely,
    Stephanie Rice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards