New Jersey
Options

Hotel Recs near Stirling/Basking Ridge/etc?

So I've started looking into hotels for our guests the night of our wedding.  We are getting married at The Primavera in Stirling.  Has anyone used hotels in the area before or are using any for their wedding?  What kind of incentives did you get/should I look for?  Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Recs near Stirling/Basking Ridge/etc?

• Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IWhen are you getting married? I am a Primavera Bride as well.  We looked at all of the recommended hotels.  The Best Western was gross, they cleaning products they used made me gag and it just smelled bad.  The Hotel Indigo didn't thrill me, there was only one person at the front desk and they couldn't show me rooms because she couldn't leave the desk.  That leaves the Somerset Hills Hotel and The Courtyard Marriott.  We decided to go with the Courtyard Marriott because they build the fee of the shuttle into the room price so we do not have to pay for it.  The somerset hills hotel shuttle was $30 each way I believe.  Also at the courtyard they have the courtyard to take pictures and a bar for an after party. 
  • Options
    lmy922lmy922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah thank you! We are getting married June 4, 2011... what about you? I did actually call Courtyard earlier today and was happy when speaking with the sales rep -- she was so helpful! I haven't had the chance to call the other hotels yet.  I did like that they were able to build the price of the shuttle into the room rate.  She also told me that the comp rate was 1 per 20 rooms booked... is this pretty standard? I know a friend who recently got married was comped a room for the newlyweds and parents of the bride and groom, but cannot imagine that they had 60 rooms booked.  I could be wrong though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to a wedding at the Primavera next week...and we are staying in the Somerset Hills Hotel.  I can give you ladies (and anyone else) a review of both the hotel and the reception after, if you want.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Primavera too. We think the Courtyard Marriot seems the best but haven't visited any yet.

sgdc2011  is there a minimum number of guest rooms to have the shuttle and how much did it add to the price?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lmy922lmy922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holly, I would LOVE to hear your review of  both reception and hotel if you don't mind!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in July next year.   I forget the exact amount but I believe you do need 20 rooms for a comped room.  Don't quote me on this, but I believe the minimum to guarantee the shuttle is 10 rooms but I'm not sure.  The more people book with the shuttle the bigger the shuttle they get.  So if you need a bus they will get you a bus if you need a 14 passenger van they bring that.  They work with a Company called A1 Limosine.  I don't know the full details because they told me prices for July next year will be out mid August so I plan to call back in a couple of weeks :)
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im getting married there in 9 days!! We have a room block at the Bridgewater Marriot for 15 rooms with shuttles and we got a comp room.  I know it seems far. But the Courtyard marriot told us that they dont do shuttles, idk if they were lying or not.
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jenn- They must have been lying because they definitely have a deal with A1 Limosine. :-\
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.. thats what I thought too. In the end it works out because it is in a better location from the church, the parents house(Brunch), and the gathering my rents are throwing for OOT at chimney rock.
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our OOT dinner at Chimney Rock too! Except we are going to use the one in Gillete.
  • Options
    lmy922lmy922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay 9 days! That is so exciting. Let us know how it all goes! How has Primavera been to work with at this point? They've been great for us so far, but we are also really far from the date...  Sounds like the Bridgewater Marriott definitely works better with the whole flow of your weekend! Plus, it's beautiful and they have that nice martini bar in the lobby -- we have stayed there after many weddings!  Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Primavera at the end of August and we did our room block at Courtyard Marriott - honestly we have had such issues booking something as simple as a block.  We have dealt with multiple people which seemed absurd since we kept getting passed off to the next person when we didn't hear from the prior person.  They told us that if we book a minimum of 10 rooms, the shuttle service will be included and they would make as many necessary trips as possible.  Since we had problems with them, they promised us that if we booked 8 rooms, our room would be comped.

I've noticed a lot of hotels sometimes are sneaky with the rates because they are supposed to be giving you the best rate, yet you find better available rates.

Room blocks are not the first thing in my agenda, so hopefully all will work out!

PS - The Primavera has been great with us up to this point and have heard such great reviews about their actual day of event service!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards