Texas-Austin

crunch time and I still need some vendors/officiant!

I'm getting married in two months and I still need a cake baker and an officiant! I know its kind of late for the baker but blah blah blah long story short I had one and they backed out. I am on limited budget for the cake as well so I need suggestions/referals.  

Also I am in need of a Christian officiant.  We live in LA and my FI is from Neb and our wedding is in Texas so using a family minister is out (also as my parents aren't membersof any church in our home town) anyway I also need suggestions/referals here.  We thought about having a friend get ordained but its important to my FIL's that we have it offficiated by a clergy member.  

I have a budget of 150$ for both of these..  Who can help?

Re: crunch time and I still need some vendors/officiant!

• eltraaeltraa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Walmart does wedding cakes on the cheaps, i dont know if they taste good though.
    Or you could try purchasing just a small cake and buying cupcakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wal-mart does do inexpensive cakes-125$ three tier feeds 125, We are not getting a formal wedding cake, to save money, since we are totally paying ourselves, we are just going to pick up a premade sheet cake.
    I'm not certain where you are getting married but check this link out- http://www.austinweddingofficiants.com/

Some are pretty pricey but not all of them-we were going to use someone from this list but then we decided to get wed in our church instead.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out HEB too.  They have pretty good cakes and are also pretty inexpensive.  They also offer delivery.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Duh me, forgot to mention HEB, thats where we are getting ours from-Sorry, long day lol
  • edited December 2011
    I'd check out Lone Star Bakery for your cake ... my wedding coord said they are really good and priced well.  And yes, they are the place that is famous for the Round Rock donut ...

We chose to use Nothing Bundt Cakes in Cedar Park in lieu of traditional wedding cake.  I wanted something non-traditional that I loved and this place fit the bill.  You might take a look at them if you're not sticking to the traditional wedding cake.

For your officiant, I'd check into Chaplain Larry Todd.  We paid him a donation of $150 and he was wonderful.  He was charming & personable and people at our ceremony thought he was someone who had known us for years.  He was also funny, which I greatly appreciated the humor! larrytodd@juno.com
  • NicCallyNicCally member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys! BTW. Chaplain Larry is booked :( Still looking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards