Snarky Brides

I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.

Another one of those bachelor party threads is happening on my month board right now.

OP is whining about how she doesn't want to tell her fiance he can't have one, but she's soooo uncomfortable with the idea.  How long is typical for him to stay out?  I want him to come straight home when he's done.  I want to sleep next to him.

UGH.  Clingy much?

Okay, maybe I don't really want to smack her.  But she deserves an eye-roll for being so whiny and needy.  Eff.
panther

Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.

• Ehhh. I don't think that one was that bad, AATB. 

I mean, she goes to strip clubs with him.  She doens't care. 
  • I feel sorry for that type of girl. They just seem so insecure and needy. I would hate to have to live my life that way. I'd be either sad or pissed off all of the time. Not worth it at all.
  • My FI was gone from Wednesday afternoon to Monday early evening. I wasn't worried at all.  So yeah, I'm all with smacking her, or eye rolling at the very least.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-bitch-just-want-smack-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f439fab-ec88-45bf-85d5-674f0b70d106Post:56bf810c-ef39-4342-a8cc-5fd2ed674d4e">Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ehhh. I don't think that one was that bad, AATB.  I mean, she goes to strip clubs with him.  She doens't care. 
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Huh? Okay. Now I need a link.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-bitch-just-want-smack-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f439fab-ec88-45bf-85d5-674f0b70d106Post:f6890a74-5684-4499-9d39-b36a7bc29088">Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Link?
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    +1
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • If H had told me flat-out I couldn't have one, I'd of had a party just to spite him. And come straight home when he's done? Where does she think he'll go next? What if they go out of town?
  • I am really cornfuzzled now.
  • http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2010-weddings_bachelor-bachelorette-parties

It's not the worst one I've seen, Steph - I just have a really, really short fuse about girls getting anxiety about bachelor parties.  They need to relax.

panther
  • Even if I DID have those insecurities I sure as heck wouldn't let my FI know...Insecurity is quite a turn-off.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG  I can't stand that.. not only clingy.. but trust him much?!

Seriously though - I don't want FI to come home.. he is his friends' responsibility.  They can nurse his hang over! lol

I also can't stand if they act like I should be jealous of things and indicate it is a reflection of love.  "Did you hear FI blew $200 at the strip club at friend's bach party?  You must be so pissed"  Well .. it is HIS money.. hope she was worth the $.. but jealous... NO!
  • AATB- Were you around there earlier? I don't really want to talk about her personal life over here, but she kind of has reasons that make me more sympathetic to being 'needy", I think...
  • That really wans't so bad.  I've seen much bigger freak-outs on the knot about B-parties than that.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-bitch-just-want-smack-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f439fab-ec88-45bf-85d5-674f0b70d106Post:287cd46d-37c5-4d2f-82f2-bc7b97c34397">Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB- Were you around there earlier? I don't really want to talk about her personal life over here, but she kind of has reasons that make me more sympathetic to being 'needy", I think...

Earlier as in... earlier today?  Not really.

She did post in that thread that she's insecure about the bach party because her ex cheated on her at his bach party - but I still kinda think that if she really trusts her fiance, she needs to let him have fun.  The party they have planned at the moment sounds totally fine.

There you go making me feel all bad for being a snot about this.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-bitch-just-want-smack-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f439fab-ec88-45bf-85d5-674f0b70d106Post:287cd46d-37c5-4d2f-82f2-bc7b97c34397">Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.</a>:
    [QUOTE]AATB- Were you around there earlier? I don't really want to talk about her personal life over here, but she kind of has reasons that make me more sympathetic to being 'needy", I think...

<div>That's ok Steph. I put it out there. She posted it on the interwebz. The interwebz don't forget. Yes, I realize I am being a bit hateful today. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • 1. If they are having a stripper come to them, that could be trouble. Strippers make enough money inside they club. Strippers that work outside the club usually do extras.
    2. She can't sleep w/o him for one night? Take a fucking sleeping pill and deal with it.

3. I wonder who her ex had an affair with?
  • Oh please. My H hangs out for 8 days straight with a group of "hoodlums" on bikes who like to give gals tattoos with their tongues. I've been okay with that since we were dating long distance.

I just get lonely while he's gone, especially if he's too far away to visit/camp out one night.

The only thing I didn't want him to do prior to us getting married (because we got married in Vegas) was make a trip to the Bunny Ranch. Strip club - have at it. Your company would be your nephew and my brother. Snort.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited August 2010

Okay... I missed that.

*shaking head*
    panther
  • OK, that one wasn't bad at all. Did she marry the guy who cheated on her at his bach party? Just curious.

I think it's odd that she'll go to a strip club with him but is freaked out over one being at his party. I get that she is hung up over the ex cheating, but I don't know, it just seems contradictory. His friends will be there, and unless they're all total douches then she shouldn't have to worry. H didn't have strippers, but I know that his best man would have kicked him in the ass if there was one and H tried anything with her (not that he would have, just saying).
  • Awww. If I had her previous history, I would anxious too. I think her FI should respect that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just don't understand why if her fiance is okay with her insecurities, she continues to be insecure.

But I'm not really sympathetic about situations like this.  I'm bitchy about them.  I've never been insecure about stuff like this, so I just don't get it.
    panther
  • Bunny Ranch=fuckno.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-bitch-just-want-smack-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f439fab-ec88-45bf-85d5-674f0b70d106Post:215a73d2-4e3d-4c91-be63-6b3f32821533">Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just don't understand why if her fiance is okay with her insecurities, she continues to be insecure. But I'm not really sympathetic about situations like this.  I'm bitchy about them. <strong> I've never been insecure about stuff like this, so I just don't get it.</strong>
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

ditto here.   In all fairness, though, they have kids.  I'm less judgy to her, though, because i dont' think she's saying anything her FI disagrees with, ya know?  I think she's more worried about what his friends are going to do.

P.S. YGPM
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_im-bitch-just-want-smack-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f439fab-ec88-45bf-85d5-674f0b70d106Post:87c086d9-22ff-4804-ae9f-d5137ad8362c">Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a bitch... I just want to smack her. : Okay... I missed that. *shaking head*
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>The reason her putting all of that out there bothers me is because it makes me think she is trying to convince herself that they are right for each other. Like people who have too much PDA just to convince other people that they are doing fine, but they obviously are only doing it for show. Maybe I'm off track here, but that's my gut. I normally cringe when she posts. </div><div>
    </div><div>But its not really my business and I might delete when the thread dies. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sarah- I won't copy you then, so you can delete if you want ;)

I'm going back and forth on that, to be honest.  I kind of got that feeling at first, too.
  • I read it and I think she's whiney.  When you have been cheated on, if you have any common sense whatsoever you can separate your lousy cheating ex from your current FI.  And the not being able to sleep without him is really annoying.  Anddddddd she's not letting her MOH plan her B-party because she's single?  Ok. 
  • edited August 2010
    In all honesty, I get being a little apprehensive about bachelor parties that are at strip clubs and include dances and the like.  I don't like the idea of other naked women grinding on my other half.  Not because I think he would automatically cheat like it was some uncontrollable Pavlovian response, but because I just think that's inappropriate, juvenile behavior that is disrespectful towards the relationship.   It is never appropriate behavior in any other scenario, why would it be in this one?

But just your typical  going out with the guys and getting smashed male bonding scenario?  Yeah.  Calm down.  

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • I didn't know married people weren't allowed to dance.. : (
  • I wandered over there for a read and don't see what there is to be annoyed about.  She trusts him.  She realizes this is ultimately her issue.  She just needs to talk through it. 

Lambasting her over here for it seems unnecessary. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards