Flowers

Overwhelmed!

I am getting married in mid-April, and for some reason the process of selecting flowers for the bouquets and centerpieces completely overwhems me! My colors are green, yellow, and ivory. I'd like my bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets to be some mix of yellow and ivory, though I'd like my bouquet to be of a different flower combo than my girls'. The color of the centerpieces I find less important, but I would like tto stay with a "spring" theme. THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS!!! Help???

Re: Overwhelmed!

• The green will be picked up in the greenery of the flowers, and maybe some additional leaves.

The following flowers come in ivory and yellow: roses, carnations, oriental or asiatic lillies, calla lillies, daisies, mums (more a fall flower), irises, orchids, snapdragons.

Ideally you should find a picture of some of the bouquets you LOVE and discuss that with a florist, or check around on the internet or in bridal magazines. No one here can tell you what YOU will love. You have to find the look you like then decide what flowers are included.

If you don't know the names of flowers, try here:

www.californiaflowergrowers.com. They have a large selection of links for various flowers. If you don't want to use a florist due to costs, look through the various posts on this board for online flower sites, there are several.

Don't feel overwhelmed. Take the time to look at the bouquets in the Knot's many "real weddings".

Good luck.

• Unless you are absolutely in love with a specific flower then i would leave the flower choices up to your florist and just tell them what colors you want and that you want a different bouquet from your BMs.  They are professionals and do this for a living so they will know, better then anyone, which flowers would be best to use.

But like PP said, finding pictures that you like will help the florist see what your vision is.

Green flowers...
    Hydrangea
    Green hypericum berries
    Bells of Ireland
    Green dendrobium orchids
    Green button mums

Yellow flowers...
    Snapdragons
    Roses (spray and regular)
    Alstromeria
    Tulips
    Gerber daisies
    Carnations (mini and large)
    Daisies
    Yellow button mums
    Lilies
    Sunflowers
    Calla lilies
    Ranunculus

Ivory/White flowers...
    Roses (spray and regular)
    Snapdragons
    Lisianthus
    Gerber daisies
    Carnations (mini and large)
    Lilies
    Alstromeria
    Daisies
    Tulips
    Iris
    Calla lilies
    Orchids
    Stephanotis
    Hydrangea
    Ranunculus
    Anenomes

Of course there are tons more but this is what I could think of off the top of my head

• go to see a good florist to narrow down the field... She will be able to  clarify some of of your questions.  
    If you can't decide on color go with all colors and only one  or two types of flowers... 

but mostly relax and get some one on one with a good florist.  Even if you end up diy the consult will be worth it. 
  • Thanks for the practical advice, everybody. I don't know what it is about flowers...maybe it's my complete lack of a green thumb. Nothing else about my day is stressing me out (yet), just the flowers. Silly? Probably. But thanks for putting things in perspective. I betake myself to a florist straightaway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards