Alabama

Are you......

Getting your groom a wedding gift?  I want to get my finance something nice that he would like to hold on to for a long time, but we want to keep in mind that we will need to have extra money for the honeymoon.  He wants a lifetime hunting and fishing license but that is $700.........I don't know I may have to do that. I would rather not spend that much right now! Any thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are you......

• edited December 2011
    All I'm doing is writing him a letter.  I started doing this in middle school, when I had no idea he existed.  I'm tying together a few of those letters with one I wrote specifically to him for him to read the day of.  I'm also surprising him with an Auburn groom's cake.  *gag*
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:9fceea50-f9e3-4308-b9de-a9f2d264e708Post:e011d916-dd04-4634-9ee4-5356dd723482">Re: Are you......</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>All I'm doing is writing him a letter.  I started doing this in middle school, when I had no idea he existed.  </strong>I'm tying together a few of those letters with one I wrote specifically to him for him to read the day of.  I'm also surprising him with an Auburn groom's cake.  *gag*
    Posted by adrinkard[/QUOTE]

This is so funny, because I plan to do the same thing. I started writing something like this to him when we first started dating in high school. I'm going to finish and refine itit and give it to him right before the wedding.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I probably won't do anything, except maybe a letter.  Our wedding is 5 days after his birthday and about a month before Christmas, so there will be plenty of gifts changing hands as it is, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope! Just a wedding band and a handwritten letter. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:9fceea50-f9e3-4308-b9de-a9f2d264e708Post:c72e37b4-9951-4bfd-94f9-b81c94cfb23c">Re: Are you......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you...... : This is so funny, because I plan to do the same thing. I started writing something like this to him when we first started dating in high school. I'm going to finish and refine itit and give it to him right before the wedding.
    Posted by hckaczyn[/QUOTE]

<div>I went back and read the one I wrote in 8th grade.  It was precious.  I can't wait for him to read it.  I was a dang smart 8th grader, btw.  ha</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I love the letter idea! Now I feel better! Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like the letter idea too. But just because I've been looking for a special reason to do it, if I can afford to order it I want to get FI the Sam Adams Utopia beers. He loves specialty beer, but these are pretty pricey so they may have to wait until later in life. Smile
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
  • AngelSong76AngelSong76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about a watch.  He scuba dives, and there's a particular watch he really wants that has some dive features.  It's like $300 and we're paying for everything ourselves, so that may have to be a 1st anniversary gift!  If not that, then I will most likely make him something.  I knit and am getting a sewing machine (to learn how to sew) so I can most likely make something for him if I can't swing the watch.
  • dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FI has always wanted a Movado watch. Chocolate is one of our wedding colors and his favorite color. I found Movado the other day with a chocolate face and a chocolate band. He is, essentially, paying for the whole wedding; so, I want to get him something nice.

**October 8, 2011**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards