Moms and Maids
Options

Gifts

Hi ladies!  I’m new to this board, though I’ve been lurking all day (lol).  So I know it’s the mom’s and maids board but I thought maybe you could offer some advice about groomsmen gifts.  For my girls I’m making them jewelry (not for the wedding, because obviously if it’s for the wedding it isn’t a gift) and putting together gift baskets for each of them catered to them.  I have a bridesman and for him I think I am going to get him Tiffany cufflinks because he is the type of guy that would actually like something like that.  My lovely FI cannot for the life of him think of something to get for his guys.  I’m not much help because I don’t know them, as they do not live near us.  He can’t do flasks, wine, or anything like that because his BM is 16 and another GM is my brother who is 15 – kind of inappropriate.  They aren’t the cufflink type of guys from what he says and he doesn’t like the idea of watches (which is what his brother gave) so I am at a loss!  Do you guys have any insight on some other gift ideas that you have seen?

TIA ladies!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Gifts

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would he get them if it was their birthday?  What would he get them if was Christmas?  That's what he should get them.  WP gifts don't have to be, nor should they be, matchy-matchy.  Think individual and personal.  They'll thank you for that.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my fiance if giving engraved beer mugs, but like you said that wont work lol...His best friend got married a year and a half ago and had all different ages of groomsmen (some being under 21, and one of them only being 12).  He gave the groomsmen a nice silver engraved pocket knife (like a medium one).  My fiance carries it with him all the time, it comes in handy...but they may not be the groomsmens style either.  Sometimes jewelry stores have necklaces for guys that almost look like dog tags.  (not like cheap dog tags that you would get at the dollar store lol) but like real silver and nice.  They have a variety of designs on them and they have blank silver ones too.  You get get them engraved with their initial on the front and then engraved on the back saying Groomsman blah blah date 2010....Just throwing some ideas out there : )
  • Options
    wallster02wallster02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is planning on getting his groomsmen each an IPod shuffle (you k now, the really small Ipods that are good for working out because they're not too bulky). Theyre about $50 each. He really didnt like all the other usual stuff that you see out there for groomsmen gifts (beer mugs, watches, cuff links, etc.). I think its a much more modern gift and who wouldnt want an Ipod?? Now I just have to find some unique gifts for my bridesmaids!
  • Options
    rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:6f29f396-71da-456e-8c74-e0892eea9202Post:87f1f0fe-91ec-4aac-b0ad-88914830bfd1">Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE] For my girls I’m making them jewelry (not for the wedding, because obviously if it’s for the wedding it isn’t a gift) [/QUOTE]

Why would this not be a gift?  Just because they wear it during the wedding?  I'm planning on buying my bridesmaids jewlery - as a gift - as thee gift - to wear at the wedding.  I'm not buying them 2 things!

How much are people planning on spending?  We're giving our groomsmens their tie for the day.  Why would this not count?  I don't get the logic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards