New York
Options

Wedding Update Wednesday

Hopefully you guys have checking some items off your list.  What have you done this week?
My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Wedding Update Wednesday

• Options
    I haven't gotten much accomplished, but I have the next 2 days off from work and will hopefully be able to cross some things off my list for the next update!  :)
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I'm leaving work early today to FINALLY put my invites together and get them in the mail.  I had to order extras since my MIL kept adding people!  Hopefully it isn't as exhausting to get done in one night as my friends are saying it is.  I'm hoping to grab a glass of wine and a movie and just toss them together!
  • Options
    I purchased a cute green program basket at Michael's, and purchased a paper mache box for cards.  Just need FI to spray paint that white, and then we're decorating it with stickers related to our life.  This is actually his idea!  He's getting excited, now that we're so close.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I haven't accmplished anything this week. I got my wisdom teeth out on Thursday ad have had some painful complications causing me to be a snivling pile of mush on the couch everyday since. And the oral surgeon told me this morning at the rate I'm healing I should expect to be out for another week. Sucks.

The return address stamp I order came in. My fiancee has been stamping it on everything all over the house.

Our save the dates are supposed to show up today. I made a huge mistake in ordering that I realized too late. I ordered 130, because we have 120 people on our guest list and my parents are still on the fence about adding a few more people. But afterwards I realized that 120 people on the guest list doesn't mean we need 120 STD's, since almost everyone on our list is a couple or a couple with kids. So I probably cost us a fair amount of money. But that's ok, I got magnets, so we'll just stick them onto everything I guess. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Lets see..
    All of my BM's have finally ordered their dresses. 3 out of 5 already have thier's too.

Just got a call that my dress has arrived at the store and is being shipped to me.. should have it in a few days.(very excited to try it on again)

Signed and sent in a deposit for our cupcakes/dessert table items.

Anxiously waiting to receive our invitations in the mail from an Etsy store that we ordered them from. (She said by the end of the month)

So I have not actually done too much at all this week. lol
    Hopefully I can accomplish more next week
  • Options

This past week has been crazy busy! We set a date with our pastor to discuss the ceremony and we have lots of ideas that we're so excited about!

We also took the first step in registering! On Saturday, we went to BBB to start a registry- easy, right? Not so much. After three hours and a fricken lecture from the manager about how to register, we just about wanted to skip it all together. Three hours and only <10 items, we just decided to ditch it until Sunday. We started on online Macy's registry and had a much better time with it! After awhile, still, we just started adding whatever... I'm not convinced we need 300+ items on a registry (double the number of guests or something like that??) Oh, and I loudly announced that we were NOT including those stupid little cards in the invitations- who does that??

My advice for registering-- don't take it too seriously and try to just have fun!

We also discussed the Greek dessert table we're having in addition to cake. I'm very excited about this.

Otherwise, I got ridiculously sick on Sunday and I'm convinced it's because of the registry.

image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_wedding-update-wednesday-36?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:f4394f20-6edd-4fce-b5c7-927f06c97613Post:a5160308-59b1-4fd4-9d5c-4f86c5a842f8">Re: Wedding Update Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]This past week has been crazy busy! We set a date with our pastor to discuss the ceremony and we have lots of ideas that we're so excited about! We also took the first step in registering! On Saturday, we went to BBB to start a registry- easy, right? Not so much. After three hours and a fricken lecture from the manager about how to register, we just about wanted to skip it all together. Three hours and only <10 items, we just decided to ditch it until Sunday. We started on online Macy's registry and had a much better time with it! After awhile, still, we just started adding whatever... I'm not convinced we need 300+ items on a registry (double the number of guests or something like that??) Oh, and I loudly announced that we were NOT including those stupid little cards in the invitations- who does that?? My advice for registering-- don't take it too seriously and try to just have fun! We also discussed the Greek dessert table we're having in addition to cake. I'm very excited about this. Otherwise, I got ridiculously sick on Sunday and I'm convinced it's because of the registry.
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had a bad time!  Don't listen to that "register for double the guests" rule, they're just out to get your money.  We had fun registering in store at Macy's, but added more to it when we got home.

I also made an appt with the pastor and harpist!  Forgot to mention that.  We'll be driving out to Rochester the weekend of March 19, which is really coming up soon.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I forgot to post yesterday, and I really haven't dne much anyway! I did line up a seamstress to do my alterations so that a check. Other than that I just hot the less than 3 month mark so eeeeek! I better get going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards