May 2012 Weddings
Options

Bridesmaid Gifts??

I've been slowly deciding on what I want to get my girls and I have a couple of ideas that I wanted to run past you ladies.

I wanted to make up a basket for each girl and include: 
A wine glass with chalkboard paint on the bottom
Bath and Body Works goodies
A small bottle of wine to enjoy while we're getting ready
I wanted to do over-sized mens dress shirts to wear while getting dressed but I didn't know if the girls would like the idea or not. Would you?
Also, I'm torn between doing these spoon rings that I found on etsy or getting each girl a gift card to VS. Which would you prefer??

Thanks for the help ladies!!
imageVisit The Nest!

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts??

• Options
    I'd probably like a gift card more - simply because I'd be able to wear whatever I bought at VS multiple times.  I'd probably just get rid of the men's dress shirt as soon as your wedding was over, so (at least for me) I feel like the dress shirt would be kind of wasteful.  They'd be cute for photos though!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    you could always get the mens dress shirts from the Goodwill for ~$3 so it wouldn't be that big of a waste.

i would also prefer a gift card, but that's just my opinion
  • Options
    I think it probably depends on the girl. If the girl has a funky taste in jewelry, I think the spoon ring would be awesome! I probably would go gift card over men's dress shirt as well. You could always ask them to bring one from home though for pictures? I probably personally wouldn't wear it again, but do like the idea.

I am still stuck like chuck on what to do to finish my bridesmaids gifts. So far I have a cute robe from VS and a Bath and Body shower gel. Hmmmm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think the idea is cute. Just like a pp said just get cheap ones at good will. Def a gift card.
  • Options
    That sould like almost exactly what I am doing for my girls! So I think it is great :)
    I'm getting them
    A basket of B&BW stuff
    Chalkboard wine glass
    Favorite Bottle of wine
    Silk Robe to get ready in
  • Options
    The shirt idea is cute, but as other PPs have said, I'm not sure how useful it would be after the pictures (which would be adorable, but..)
    Plus,would all of your girls feel comfortable walking around in just an oversized shirt? I've seen pictures and  LOVE them, but also know that a few of my girls would feel really self conscious in it, and I wouldn't want to do that to them.

Love the rest of your ideas though! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also doing the shirt! And I would prefer the gift card. I like your ideas sounds really cute.
  • Options
    I think I will be getting my BMs GC to their favorite store.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would prefer the VS gift card too.

I am stuck as well.  I am thinking of a hand painted wine glass with each girl's initials, and one of the magnet pads from this website (i found one that would fit each girl) : http://annetaintor.com/products/Magnetic+Stuff/Magnetic+Notepads

And something else, I just havent figured it out yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am doing the shirts like you are thinking. However I am going to get them their size and have their initials monogrammed on them. This way they fit them and can wear them in the future. I want them to wear them while getting ready and just pair them with a cute pair of shorts.
  • Options
    I'm getting my girls personalized wine glasses (with their name and wedding date on it) and I found a seller on etsy who makes personalized frame rings for wine glasses, so each glass will have a picture of me and that BM. I also want to include their favorite bottle of wine and maybe put together a BM survival kit for each one :)
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards