Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Facebook Annoyance

My FI and I have both have this one friend who is ALWAYS on fb.  She manages to comment on every single status update we make.  She even comments on things that he and I write on each other's walls.  She used to work with him and I have met her once, but I cannot freaking stand her anymore.  I want to remove her but I know she'll notice, considering she's fb obsessed.

Anyone else have any fb annoyances today?

Re: Facebook Annoyance

• Options
    Do you really care if she notices or not? If you dislike her so much just delete her.
    I deleted an annoying girl from my friends list and she has tried readding me 5 times since then, i just decline it each time.
  • Options
    crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2009
    Nothing against SAHM's, but the "need to pick up the kids, make lunch, fold laundry, find crafts to do and change diapers! What a busy day!" posts, annoy the shite out of me.

Yeah, I do all that stuff, too. Before work. And after.

Minus the stuff that has to do with kids. ;) But you get my drift.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I have a friend who always comments in text speak.  Bad, Bad "C U soon 4 real" text speak.  I have another one who abuses punctuation like there is no tomorrow.   They both wrote on my wall today, and I feel like having that level of grammatical tourture on my wall makes me look dumb by association.  I'm fighting off the urge to delete their posts.   I won't, but oh do I want to.  I'm almost thirty and so are the majority of my friends.  I don't want my wall looking like a bunch of ninteen year olds have been writing on it.  

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    I shudder at how my youngest brother spells whenever he posts on my wall - really BAD mistakes. I feel bad whenever I correct him but I cant help it. He said "wait to go" to me the other day in reference to my "weight loose". Its a nightmare looking at his wall though, kids his age are really freaking stupid.
  • Options
    BIL just discovered FB a few weeks ago, and has been repeatedly texting me to "sign him up as a friend." I really don't want to. There will be no end to his inane comments. My account is set as private as it can go so we can't be friends unless I request him. I just keep avoiding the topic like the plague.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Also, OP - consider hiding this annoying person from being able to see your wall posts and status updates.  You can do so without actually having to delete her as a friend. 

Go to Settings -- /> Privacy settings -->  Profile settings.  Under any of the settings (Photos tagged of you, Status and links, ect) choose custom then at the bottom of "custom" where it says "except these people" choose said annoying friend.   Problem solved. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:32e50902-e2a6-4968-a750-c370fa911c07">Re: Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing against SAHM's, but the "need to pick up the kids, make lunch, fold laundry, find crafts to do and change diapers! What a busy day!" posts, annoy the shite out of me. Yeah, I do all that stuff, too. Before work. And after. Minus the stuff that has to do with kids. ;) But you get my drift.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>It's also so... average. I mean, update if you just won tickets to a U2 concert or something, but packing sandwiches for lunch ain't something out of the ordinary. It's sort of what you sign up for as an adult/parent. ;-) My eyes glaze over at those kinds of posts. (Though I'm not above playing the "pity me" card when I'm writing a 25 page paper AND working a normal 9-5 schedule.)</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Ah yes.  My SAHM friends are so abusive of FB.  I don't care that your son pooped in his potty today, thanks.  Call grandma, maybe she'll care.

I worry that I am being annoying; I've been hoaring out my Etsy site all weekend.  But my views are up 150%, so I don't plan on stopping.
  • Options
    Also?  I have an ex that I reluctantly approved when he added me.  I set my privacy settings to where he can't see any of my pics and I set it so that he can't write on my wall, but he can still "like" stuff, and he "likes" everyfuckingthing I post.
  • Options
    I still don't get facebook. I might be a 65 year old man in a 33 year old woman's body.
  • Options
    Ew I'd definitely just delete her. Who cares what she thinks?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I deleted a girl who updated her status every 5 minutes with a different variation of how much she loved her BF. I don't need to check my facebook and find the live feed page filled with that mushy crap. Just say he did something sweet for your, awwww how cute, move on.
  • Options
    crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2009
    I HAVE discovered, however, that I am very baby biased.

Like, my niece and nephew and my best friends kids? I love seeing pictures of them.

My mom's best friend's kid's kid? I get annoyed with seeing pictures of their kids.

And I think Facebook has proven to me that everyone thinks their kids is the cutest, no matter how ugly they are. Because lets face it. There are just some ugly kids.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh I completely would delete her except that I'm pretty sure she's coming to the wedding.  She still comes around his work every once in a while and mentions the wedding and blah blah.  Perhaps the day I come back from my honeymoon I'll delete her annoying ass.  Until then, I think I might block her from seeing my updates and stuff, I hadn't thought of that.  :)

I wish we could just not invite her, but it'll make it awkward for him.  God, she's annoying.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:9fce99c9-bcbb-4f92-97b2-2dc353b4df5f">Re: Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HAVE discovered, however, that I am very baby biased. Like, my niece and nephew and my best friends kids? I love seeing pictures of them. My mom's best friend's kid's kid? I get annoyed with seeing pictures of their kids. <strong>And I think Facebook has proven to me that everyone thinks their kids is the cutest, no matter how ugly they are. Because lets face it. There are just some ugly kids.</strong>
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, and these parents seem to AW their baby pics even more than the others.
  • Options
    How did she get a wedding invite? Is she close with your FI? 
    Haha I'd still delete her. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Parents on facebook annoy me to no end.  If your child places first in some sort of competition or says his very first work, sure.... put it on facebook.  Whatever.

But no one on facebook - and I mean NO ONE - cares that your child just took a sh*t in a toilet for the first time. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:f1d18f67-741e-49ff-83a9-ab59db409b26">Re: Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did she get a wedding invite? Is she close with your FI?  Haha I'd still delete her. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Ugh, he is a cop so we invited everyone in his department (small dept) because the last guy that got married pick and chose, and everyone was so pissed.  Basically we have no balls.  :( She doesn't work there any more but FI opened his big mouth to her before she left.  I should just not invite her and defriend her.  It's not like we sent her an STD...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:70370b81-b026-45bf-a227-a224c14f9df1">Re: Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Parents on facebook annoy me to no end.  If your child places first in some sort of competition or says his very first work, sure.... put it on facebook.  Whatever. But no one on facebook - and I mean NO ONE - cares that your child just took a sh*t in a toilet for the first time. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

East.......I feel the same way.  This website cracks me up, it makes fun of parents who feel the need to update everyone about little Johnny's runny nose, bad belly, etc.:  <a href="http://stfuparents.tumblr.com/page/2" rel="nofollow">http://stfuparents.tumblr.com/page/2</a>
  • Options
    There's a girl on my facebook who I went to school with. Two weeks after her baby is born, she's on FB whinging about how he won't sleep through the night. The other day, she had a post bitching about being woken up at 5am by the baby.. the kid is one month old, ffs. She then went and wrote on another girl's wall about how she's having so much trouble getting him to sleep through the night... I was just like, wtf, how could you have possibly expect him to sleep through the night as a newborn? Seriously, I am so very tempted to post a link to this book on her wall: http://media.wiley.com/product_data/coverImage/00/07645842/0764584200.jpg
  • Options
    DO IT, sun.  DO IT.
  • Options
    A guy from HS just friended me and I was looking at the posts on his wall. There is a comment from another girl from HS and her picture is one of her naked in the bed. Who makes that shiit their profile picture?
  • Options
    Naked in bed? Like you can see lady bits naked in bed?

I have a girl from high school who is a pageant queen and all she does is update people about how awesome the beauty queen life is... seriously I don't care what city you're going to or how much weight you lost, or then that the judges told you that you are too skinny... you're a huge bitch. and please stop praising god every five seconds by saying "I THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING etc etc"
  • Options
    No, sorry. I should have clarified. You can just tell she is naked. You do almost see nipple, though.

Oh and my sister just asked me to post the pictures that I have on my camera from when her baby was first delivered. I felt bad, but I'm not posting those. I hate looking at slimy, just born, naked babies on FB and I'm not going to do that to all of my friends. Yuck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:636abfe3-771f-46b6-ac06-a7ff192bd07a">Re: Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I felt bad, but I'm not posting those. I hate looking at slimy, just born, naked babies on FB and I'm not going to do that to all of my friends. Yuck.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

email! why can't people ask for pictures through email?? ugh. haha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:e256d70f-633c-43f7-a00b-b545b8d236d4">Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I have both have this one friend who is ALWAYS on fb.  She manages to comment on every single status update we make.  She even comments on things that he and I write on each other's walls.  She used to work with him and I have met her once, but I cannot freaking stand her anymore.  I want to remove her but I know she'll notice, considering she's fb obsessed. Anyone else have any fb annoyances today?
    Posted by Koopa17[/QUOTE]

You could always block certain things from her.  I have certain "friends" who I hid my status updates and wall from, because I don't want them all up in my business.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lilgina- I'm acquiantances with this year's Miss Missouri, and one of my best friends used to date her, so I feel your pain. I could not care less about all of her pageant crap.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    TLV- honestly they wonder why people think pageant people are air heads? Stop posting pictures of your stomach because we can see your ribs. K thanks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-annoyance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e4895ca-6ce5-4553-8c15-21ac8bdcfff9Post:1b2e98d1-e08d-476b-99b5-fb726e21da40">Re: Facebook Annoyance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you really care if she notices or not? If you dislike her so much just delete her. I deleted an annoying girl from my friends list and she has tried readding me 5 times since then, i just decline it each time.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards