Snarky Brides

Sunday

Anyone awake yet?  This place is sadly dead lately.  Too nice outside for anyone to sit on the computer? ;)  What's new? Everyone having a good weekend?

I feel like a slacker- I had my 28wk appt and glucose (gestational diabetes) test on Friday, but I screwed up the time.  So I ended up taking off the whole day from work. oops.  So I had an unintentional long weekend. woohoo.  I had my first baby shower yesterday, with my dad's family and it was awesome. Super laidback and a ton of delicious food. So today will be spent actually trying to organize the nursery.  Bonus points- my kid won't actually come home from the hospital naked! (I haven't bought any clothes yet. ha) Then the normal Sunday routine- meal planning, grocery shopping, laundry.

What's everyone else up to?

Re: Sunday

• Hey Steph!

I'm stepping out in a few but wanted to say Hi to everyone and wish them a happy sunday!

I'm headed to Target which is kinda a big deal here because the closest is 20 miles away. Ha. I'm buying one of those cube bookshelves. I'm going to stop at the store on the way home to grocery shop and then put together the bookcase. Hopefully this goes smoother than me putting the crib together! Wish me luck. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You'll be fine! We have... 3 different cube things in our house, and I love them. Super easy to put together too. I want a smaller one (2x3) for the nursery. We registered for it, but I might just buy it so I can start puting stuff away.
  • That's exactly why I'm buying it today. I need to start putting shhit away. Plus I'd like to send H some pictures. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Morning. :)

I'm pissed off today. I had planned a surprise brunch thing for H for his "sort-of-first" Father's Day, and then my BIL called last night at 9:00 asking if we'd come over today at noon. Well, BIL and SIL have barely spoken to us in a year, refused birthday gifts for their kids that we sent with the ILs (we weren't invited to the birthdays...) and have basically broken H's heart with all their assholery - though we have NO idea what we did wrong. There's so much more, but for the sake of a brief biiitch-session, I'll leave that out. Aaaaaanyway, suddenly BIL has a change of heart and wants to work stuff out.

Well, a) I had surprise plans for H, so thanks for ruining those (H wants to fix things, so he's going to go see them today) and b) I'm nearly 8mos pregnant. I don't want to get into a huge fight with them today. I've already had early contractions and have been told to watch my stress levels, so I'm refusing to go. Now H is upset because he feels like he's going into the lion's den alone. I feel bad, but not bad enough to put myself in a bad situation. Ugh.

I'm just a big ol' pissy pants about them ruining something important. Again.
  • Good morning! We got up early and went for a long walk. We went to see the tall ships docked down in the harbor (there are ones from all over the world) and then to the farmer's market. I'm currently eating a salad with smoked portabellos, feta, hot sauce, and basil. It's amazing. 

My mother is coming into town Wednesday night so I have to think of ways to entertain her that are inexpensive. I think we'll work on some wedding stuff. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm feeling a bit out numbered by all the pregnant ladies in this thread! I can't believe how far along you all are getting. 

Sept I think you're making the right decision. Baby is definitely more important than crazyass siblings. It sucks your H will have to deal with them alone but that's just how it has to be. 
  • celtic, that sounds like an awesome morning.  When I was little and we'd visit my grandparents in FL, we always drove down to the piers in the morning. I loved walking past all the ships (from everywhere- they lived near Tampa, right on the Gulf.)  Plus we always saw manatees :)

Sept- stay home. Your BIL sounds like a douche. Sure, it's nice he's trying to make amends, but it sounds like it has to be on his terms, with the last-minute invite and all. lame.
  • Thanks, guys. I'm just sad and pissed off that today got ruined by them again. At least staying home, I can try and salvage the day. I saw a few things on Pinterest that I'd like to do for the baby's room, so it might be a good day to wander Michael's without H at my heels, staring forlornly at the door. :)
  • Morning ladies. 

I'm usually not up early enough for a morning thread on a weekend, but with the new puppy, and FI at the hospital for his aunt, I've got some extenuating circumstances.  Anyone else superstitious? My mom is, and she says bad things come in threes, with one good thing.  I think she's crazy, but sometimes it isn't too far off.

Sept- Does anyone in your family know why FBIL's family is upset with you guys?  It seems odd for them to cut you off and not tell anyone why.  Hopefully they work it out though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • lindsey - no, MIL and FIL are as clueless as we are. BIL and SIL cause b.s. with everyone, her family included, so I guess we're just the latest targets. Bah.
  • Morning.

I am relaxing today until it's time to help my mom make dinner for my dad - chicken enchiladas.  She makes the BEST ones, but they are really labor intensive.

I find out tomorrow when my start date will ACTUALLY be.  It was supposed to be tomorrow, but it got pushed back. Again.  Now they are saying hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday, but possibly not until next Monday.  

Sept, I think you made the right decision by staying home.  I hope your H is able to resolve the problem with BIL.  

• Morning. We are staying for breakfast with the IL's before making the drive back home today. FI won his game last night but I'm sure he will be sore today. His cousins wedding was....interesting. There was no music until the bride was half way down the aisle followed by the pastor talkin about himself and his wife for half of the service. It seemed strange. We didn't stay for the reception. Lindsey, I've always heard that too. It seems things like that happen but maybe it's a coincidence.
    imageVacation
  • Morning.  H's dad is out of town and we saw my dad yesterday so it's just hanging out at home for us today.  H has a final exam for his summer class on Tuesday so he's mostly studying.  I've got laundry to do like whoa.  We'll probably take the pup for a long walk this afternoon to get out of the house some.  
  • Seriously LP? You still don't know when you're starting? That has to be so frustrating.

Can I be a big AW quick? :) My mom is uploading pictures from the shower last night... this one is of H, me, and my sister.  
  • that's an adorable pic, Steph!
  • Steph, it is frustrating.  First there was an issue with the state authorizing the funding for me, then it was an issue with the temp agency contract, now it's HR having some issue...blah.  I was all set to start tomorrow, even had all of the paperwork done, then yesterday (Saturday, when they aren't even supposed to be open!) I get an e-mail saying it might not be until the 24th, but hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday.  I know it's not my bosses fault, but I wish he would stop giving me dates until he knows for 100% sure that it will actually happen. 

Your picture is super cute!!
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning all!

Steph, that picture is super cute! You look fantastic!

We're going to be lazy today, I think. H will call his dad at some point. I don't have to worry about that because I haven't seen or spoken to mine in about 22 years.

Oh, I am going to make homemade pizza rolls tonight. I really hope they turn out well. H was complaining because we were doing the same meals over and over, so I'm trying some new things out. Wish me luck!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks guys :) H and I rarely take a good picture together, haha. So I'm happy we got one yesterday, even though my sister snuck into it ;)
  • Morning ladies!

We actually got to sleep in this morning,big surprise. Yesterday was puppy classes and Atticus did great. We came home and H mowed while I went to the store. Then we Skyped with the grandbaby. She's getting SO big. Hope to make plans to get down there soon.

H started the grill last night, so we made 2 beer can chickens, 2 packages of chicken, one Jamaican Jerk, one Hickory rub and a kabob. With lots of grilled onions. So we have dinner for a few nights this week. And we had dinner on the deck last night and lit our new torches.

Wow, you ladies are getting so close!
    Steph- love the picture, have fun with the baby room.
    Sept- I agree, you take care of you.Those 2 sound like selfish attention whores.

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Happy Father's Day to all the SB dads, granddads and dads-to-be!

We went to visit my grandpa last night, brought him pizza and wings which he loves.  Today we're heading into NYC to spend the afternoon with my dad.  I think we're going to stroll around Central Park, and get a bite to eat somewhere.  I'm hoping it won't be too hot to sit outside. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Morning! I agree Celtic, time is going so fast! I feel like Sept had a sweet pea like yesterday and now she has a squash! I kind of love all the fruit tickers and it makes me well versed in the real world. I can update my co-worker who is pregnant on what fruit her baby is every week. Haha. We had a slow weekend- its our last free one until the last weekend in August so we took it easy. We watched a season of Game of Thrones and we went out with friends. Oh I was in a movie though on Friday! That was exciting-it was my first time doing that. Hopefully I get to more!
    Photobucket
  • What movie Pixie?
  • It's called "Kilimanjaro" KD- very appropriate for me, haha. It actually doesn't come out until 2013, it's just filming now in NYC. Brian Geraghty from Hurt Locker is the lead! I was called to be an extra for the funeral scene they were filming. Then when I got there they told me they wanted me to be the wife of the lead's brother! It was so fun, I had to get my hair and make up done and the costumer helped me with my wardrobe. Then I was right next to Brian the whole shoot so I may actually be seen and not just be a background blur! Haha
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5335503-a962-4e7e-9c87-d26a3459b480Post:10f1754f-28dc-4b3f-b46c-f70b8f5c1ef6">Re: Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's called "Kilimanjaro" KD- very appropriate for me, haha. It actually doesn't come out until 2013, it's just filming now in NYC. Brian Geraghty from Hurt Locker is the lead! I was called to be an extra for the funeral scene they were filming. Then when I got there they told me they wanted me to be the wife of the lead's brother! It was so fun, I had to get my hair and make up done and the costumer helped me with my wardrobe. Then I was right next to Brian the whole shoot so I may actually be seen and not just be a background blur! Haha
    Posted by pixiedust84[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome, I'll have to see it just to see you!
  • You're so sweet KD! It was just really cool to be on a movie set- I hope I get to do it more. I hope it's a good movie because you may only see me for about 5 seconds! Haha How are you! Sounds like things with the puppy are going well! How old is your grand baby now?
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5335503-a962-4e7e-9c87-d26a3459b480Post:b55fde2c-995e-4e3f-89d6-ca1e8f09b8f2">Re: Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're so sweet KD! It was just really cool to be on a movie set- I hope I get to do it more. I hope it's a good movie because you may only see me for about 5 seconds! Haha How are you! Sounds like things with the puppy are going well! How old is your grand baby now?

Pup is very smart, sometimes TOO smart. Still doesnt have full bladder control, but he's getting better.

Gbaby is now 7 months and she arches  her back and scoots herself along the floor doing a back bend on her head, funny to watch.
  • Omg that's hysterical! I'm trying to picture it and laughing out loud. I bet she will be a gymnast!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b5335503-a962-4e7e-9c87-d26a3459b480Post:f212ce9c-75c8-4f0c-b8ea-9b256d28626f">Re: Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg that's hysterical! I'm trying to picture it and laughing out loud. I bet she will be a gymnast!

I'm thinking so too. She also does a barrel roll to get what she wants (which is usually the cat), we watched her on SKype yesterday. It is hilarious to watch.
  • Aww that is so stinkin cute! Thank goodness for Skype right? It's great you can see her from far away! My sister never crawled, she did the barrel roll instead. It was so cute.
    Photobucket
  • Hey guys! Pixie that is pretty cool- I will have to remember that when the movie comes out :)

Cute pic Steph! I have a coworker that is due a few days away from you so I typically know how big her baby is as well based on the ticker.

Just relaxing as usual. I am excited- Our microfiber couches have gotten dirty so I tried cleaning them with Isopropyl alcohol spray and those white dish drying towels, and it works really well! I saw it on pinterest where they have used sponges and rubbing alcohol, and I had better success with the towels. So if you were thinking about cleaning microfiber, that method actually works!

Waiting for storms to roll through, I love thunderstorms. haha after mehgan posted about Demeter last week, I had H get me the Demeter "thunderstorm" small cologne as a "gift" Wink I am excited to get it monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards