Honeymoon Discussions

October Honeymoon Ideas?

Hello! This is my first post, woo!! My fiance and I are getting married in mid-October (only 8 months!!) and we wanted to start looking at ideas for a honeymoon destination. I'm a little worried about the Carribean with hurricane season ending and all but I would like to go somewhere warm and beachy. My fiance and I are both graduating from college this year (May and August) as well so we are necessarily rollin' in money so somewhere maybe not as expensive? Any help or advice you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all and I hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

Re: October Honeymoon Ideas?

• Knowing an idea of budget would help, as everyone has a different idea of "expensive", but there are a few posts asking almost the exact same question toward the bottom of this page:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_beach-honeymoon-in-october http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_late-september-beach-honeymoon-help

• What Jells said!

Book the honeymoon you want, just get trip insurance (you should do this no matter where you go also!)

There are some islands that are outside of the hurricane belt but they tend to be the more expensive and further away islands. Also they are a little more laid back. Mexico tends to be the cheapest and it has the most activities for a great price too. We usually gear inexpensive honeymoon guests there.

Also your budget will be a huge help to let us know what range you are looking in.

• I'm getting married in October, too! And because of hurrcane season, we're not going on a cruise, which would have been out first choice. We're going to using a timeshare (you can find great rental deals from people who aren't using theirs and want to re-coop their small yearly fee). We're going to do Orlando or Key West.
  • the west coast of central america and hawaii's hurricane season ends oct 15.  the caribbean's ends november 30th.

what's your budget?

what do you want to do?

for how long?

likes? interests? dislikes? things to avoid?

• We've been to Riveria Maya twice in Oct and both times we had gorgeous sunny 90-degree weather; Just get trip insurance and book the trip you want and can afford.
  • I'm getting married at the end of Sept and have been trying to figure out our honeymoon local as well. My fianc is graduating in May as well and we are poor college students just starting out ; Know how ya feel!! We may be looking inland because of hurricane season. Maybe Colorado or somewhere. It's definitely not beachy though : Have you thought about SoCal? Pretty, warm, and beachy. And can be budget friendly if you look in the right cities and places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards