Texas-Austin
Options

Hometown Favors

Does anyone have any suggestions for some hometown favors such as locally baked goods, maple syrup, candies, or anything edible that originated in Austin that would make memorable favor???

Re: Hometown Favors

• Options
    jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Austin Nuts
  • Options
    jgele2jgele2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, I am planning on making homeade salsa and putting it in mason jars with cute fabric and a custom tag.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my mom makes these to-die-for pralines...they really should be marketed and sold.  i'm having her make a ton and I found these adorable cable boxes with a cute label on the outside.  3 per box...

if you know someone who makes a delicious snack...see if you can pay them to make you something. 

it would be a good treat after a long night of drinking :)
    Oct 15 is just around the corner! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used www.txchoice.com. I'd also look into sweet leaf tea or lames candies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also Tiff's Treats. You can go the cookie bar route or they can pre box all the favors for you.
  • Options
    emm14emm14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For my sister's wedding, we put together a welcome bag with Austin Nuts, a Lammes chocolate bar, Sweet Leaf Ice Tea, and a handmade brochure on what to do in Austin.  Most of her guests had never been to Texas.  I think I am going to skip on the welcome bags though.  Our guests that will be staying in a hotel are very familiar with Austin and will be in hotels all over the city. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards