Rhode Island

average price pp

I am just now getting prices for different reception/ceremony venues for 9/7/13 wedding.  Some seem so much higher than others but also seem to include more. 

So my question is what is the average pp at your wedding and what does that include?  (grounds/tables/chairs/linens/dinner/cocktail...etc.)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: average price pp

• RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This will vary significantly based upon venue.  We are paying $120/pp includes tables, chairs, ivory linens, appetizers, dinner, cake, champagne toast and open bar for the entire cocktail hour/reception. Also includes a suite for us the night of the wedding.

Updated:   we have a minimum of 150 people
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ours will prob. be around 70-80 pp but that is strictly for the food plus a champagne toast. It doesnt include cake, the bar tab, the specialty chairs, the specialty linens etc. Technically it does include the chairs and linens but were using rentals instead bc the ones that come with the venue are a little generic for us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JandA7406JandA7406 member
    edited December 2011
    that seems to be what I am finding is that the mroe pricier places include more things which is nice as opposed to paying seperately and maybe paying more in the long run.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess it just depends on what you are looking for. Some venues are all-inclusive where you get a pp charge and it includes food, cake, flowers, etc. All-inclusives are great if you dont mind not having complete control over certain aspects. I wanted to choose my bakery, my florist, my linens, my chairs etc, so a all-inclusive wouldnt work for me. Its all a matter of personal preference!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    Our avgerage PP cost includes Food and Drink only and is approx. $120 pp.
    The tables were rentals at $10 pp.
    The linens are rentals at $18 pp.

The chairs are rentals at $5 pp
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    My PP rate for the food/drinks/linens is $80/pp and the venue is 2700 which is about $25/pp ...
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is $190/pp which includes the venue/tables/chairs/cocktail reception/dinner/cake/open bar all evening/tax/gratuity.  It may seem a little high, but once you factor in tax/tip, the pp rate gets pretty high.  I want to switch out the chairs that are standard and upgrade to chivari chairs which may add 5-7 pp, but it will be worth it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards