Canada-Ontario
Options

What kind of bra....

hey guys,

I bought a strapless dress (enzoani fabi) and I'm looking for bra recs & stores that sell them!

I'm an A or a B cup depending on where I shop and I normally wear an "extreme pushup" bra.  Technically I probably don't even need a bra, but I'm looking for some.. uh... enhancement.  But don't want to be uncomfortable. 

Strapless bras normally end up making me look flater than ever so I have no idea.
Anniversary

imageimage

Re: What kind of bra....

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can they sew in cups (and a bit of padding) into the dress?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to PP - I wouldn't get a bra unless you had to - dresses are complicated and I was very hot for the first hour.  Better to get things sewn in!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a november wedding so I'm not too concerned about being hot.  More with being cold ;) 

I am however concerned about what happens if the dress tears or something and I am standing there in NOTHING!! ;p

I would bet this has happened before.
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im in the same position as you dixie, I've been told then can have it swon into the dress but I'm still worried. I was thinking about wearing a corset thingy magigy but i'm still not sure...
    October 2012 Sig: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    In Progress Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I figure something out I will let you know!
    Anniversary

imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great thank you :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, fair enough with the heat.  I really doubt your dress will tear!  I was thinking getting cups sewn in because you are lucky enough not to HAVE to wear a bra with your dress, as some will have to.  I didn't get anything sewn in because there was a bit of boning there already for support and I have a B-cup chest.  

If you are worried, definitely look into a corset or bra - perhaps a bridal store will have the best ideas for what will work and keep you comfortable!
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got an amazing strapless from Victoria Secret. I think there is one open in Toronto now? Maybe check that out! I know the have the stick on ones too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks levanah, i'll check them out.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At La Senza they also sell stick-on ones that can (apparently, I've never actually tried them) do some serious push-up action.  Then you have something on your boobs in case your dress slips down while you're dancing (or tears!) but there's no strap across the back.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_kind-of-bra?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:84f2c2b0-6a72-4250-8d54-25cc6c1a6addPost:5e2412e6-277d-41e6-8e98-73d93dfe5a39">Re: What kind of bra....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can they sew in cups (and a bit of padding) into the dress?
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

That's what I did with my dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The bridal shops sell them, which I've found were about $120, another suggestion they gave me was head over to La Vie En rose, I did and they have the corsets on sale for $29 bucks.  I grabbed one to take into my fitting and they said it's great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    fabandkimfabandkim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same issue; I need to find a strapless bra for my dress that will give me serious "help".  I have heard that at La Senza, the "Push Up Level 4 Up 2 Cups" strapless bra is amazing, so I am going to check that one out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards