Virginia
Options

Ceremony/Reception Venues in VA Beach/Sandbridge?

Any suggestions on venues to have the ceremony & reception at the same place? We were originally looking at event houses in Sandbridge through Sandbridge Realty but their max # of people is 50 and we're thinking it'll be at least 100. Anything near the water would be great (bay, ocean, doesn't really matter) but we were really wanting to be near Sandbridge!

Thanks!
Jess www.JessCantCook.com

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venues in VA Beach/Sandbridge?

• Options
    haleigh5786haleigh5786 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you know anyone in the military that would sponsor you then the officer's club at Dam Neck base is really nice.  We just had our reception there this past weekend and it was perfect!  The food was great and it was right on the beach.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same issue with finding event homes throught Sandbridge Realty...good luck
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also Turtly Bay Resort is nice too, i think 125 guest is the max
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check craigslist. hampton roads, then vacation places for rent. alota times if you rent directly from the owner, they're more lenient w/ the rules. also depending on the time of the year.
    g'luck!
  • Options
    nccatimnccatim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check siebert reality? they have sandbridge houses that have three floors and outdoor pool, deck and other options.

I'm having the same issues with finding a venue, if you want something by the water but not necessarily on the beach here a couple of things
    Yacht club on marina shores
    Water Table

good luck and let me know if you find anything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Yacht Club and the Water Table are both really, really nice venues. I looked at the houses in Sandbridge and I think that the max capacity is 80 by city ordinance for anything down there... isn't there a restaurant in that area? Do they do receptions?
  • Options
    nccatimnccatim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Yacht Club and the Water Table are both really, really nice venues. I looked at the houses in Sandbridge and I think that the max capacity is 80 by city ordinance for anything down there... isn't there a restaurant in that area? Do they do receptions?

I second that, the yacht club and water table are really nice. it really depends on what houses you choose and no idea about the restaurant...
  • Options
    Lucy062405Lucy062405 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i'm helping my friend w/her wedding and she went through Siebert Realty in Sandbridge her "event" house holds 100 max limit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards