Indiana

Churches in Lafayette

We're from Terre Haute but family is Crawfordsville and Indy so we're doing Lafayette for the reception and ceremony.  We have the reception booked but now we need a ceremony site.  I want a church but something a little rustic maybe, or just with some charm.  Any suggestions?  We'll have about 150 people so it can't be too small.

Re: Churches in Lafayette

• schultz&coxschultz&cox member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what type of church you are looking for but we are Catholic and are getting Married in Lafayette we are using St. Boniface. I love the church and compared to some others in the area. the price is good too. http://www.stboniface.org/
     hope this helps 
  • hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's kind of the problem, we're non-denominational.  I know that Catholic churches are pretty good about allowing non-memebers to get married in their church but I'm having issues with non catholic churches...thanks for the reply though and congrats on the wedding!
  • LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm catholic so I'm not much help, but know that the University church is a good one a lot of people use. 

theres also one on 350 and 18th st but I've heard that they charge about $800.

if you just drive around lafayette or look in the phone book there are so many! 
    TTC since January 2012. Me: 24 & DH: 30

DH SA (1/21/13) is perfect! 1st RE appt set for 1/30/13

BFP on 1/26/13! EDD is 10/5/13! 1st appt at 5w6d and diagnosed high risk due to high BP. Put on meds. 1st Ultrasound scheduled for 2/22/13. Blighted ovum At 7w6d D&C 2/26/13 Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • hakeefer1hakeefer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the hint at looking on campus! I hadn't thought of that for some reason.
  • MartinCJ825MartinCJ825 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shultz&cox-

A good friend of mine just got married at St. Boniface. Beautiful church but if it's a summer wedding it gets horrible hot in the church.
  • emidle2008emidle2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Clear River Church. It's located on 3rd st in downtown. The space is nice. The chaple holds around 300. The space is nice and has a lot of potential for a wedding.
    www.clearriverchurch.org
    Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards