Georgia-Atlanta

Feeling frustrated: venue suggestions?

Hey, all,
Fiance and I are recently engaged, and looking to do an October wedding. So close!

Problem is, we're paying for this ourselves, and don't have a lot to spend (think, around $7000 total, including literally everything). We're both starting to get a little down and discouraged, because it seems like every place we've looked at and liked is out of our budget. I don't plan to get the fancy dress, or have flowers, or fancy photography, but I can't seem to find a venue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We were hoping for Roswell River Landing, but they don't have October available.

(Suggestions on where to get a dress off the rack would be great, as well!)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Feeling frustrated: venue suggestions?

• My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Below is a link to a post a few pages back. Might be a good way to get some other location ideas too. HTH!

PS: If the link doesn't work, just go back through old posts. There is more than a couple about venues.

http://forums.theknot.com/default.aspx?path=http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
    Roswell River landing is booked thru october? well omg. My wedding isn't til July '11 but I better go pay that deposit asap.

I dont know what side of town you are on, but check out the Stanley House in Marietta.
    *MaryV*
  • alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd check The Mansell House in Alpharetta..
  • rzellarrzellar member
    edited December 2011
    Check simple gathering at four oaks manor (in Buford). you can rent the whole venue for the whole day for around $1000. You have to use their catering if you want to serve food (around $18-30 pp).

• edited December 2011
    Also, don't limit yourself to Saturday. Friday nights and Sunday afternoons are generally cheaper and more likely to be available. In fact, everything is going to be more expensive on a Saturday.
    CCH
  • edited December 2011
    Defiantly go back through the boards and look at some other venue posts... there are quite a few!

As for your dress, check out Anya Bridal Warehouse. It is on the SW side of ATL off of Fulton Industrial Blvd. They are associated w/Savvi formal wear, so if you buy a dress you get a discount on tux rental. They have beautiful affordable dresses, and have sales several times a year. I looked here first, and bought a dress the first day shopping! My dress was $750, on clearance for $300, and they knocked it down to $200. www.anyabridal.com

Good luck!
    ~Megan & Steve 10-10-10~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • cutypie953cutypie953 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp about looking into having your wedding Friday or Sunday.  It is amazing how much cheaper the venues and catering will be on those days. 
  • alison_lewalison_lew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a great selection, reasonable prices, etc.. check Bridal Sense off Roswell Rd..they have a clearance rack in there as well!
  • edited December 2011
    Perhaps consider moving the date up to late September. October is a very busy month for weddings in Atlanta and you may find more availability and better pricing if you are more flexible with the date. If you feel that perhaps September is too soon, then maybe early November. Good luck to you!

www.rebeccabunch.com
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    edited December 2011
    How many people are on your guest list? I may know of some other possible venues.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.anthonysfinedining.com/indexanthonys.htm .. the catering director was willing to work with my budget of $3500 for 55 people. The ceremony fee is super cheap, just a $5 fee per chair "setup fee" .. and they have several reception areas which makes availability more open.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Peach Brandy Cottage in Dawsonville. You can rent out that venue for about $1000. and can bring in your own food and alcohol. It's very comparable to Roswell River Landing.
  • NikkiKayNikkiKay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all -- don't get frustrated! Enjoy the process of finding a venue because when you get frustrated, you can be easily pushed into something you might otherwise not want. Stay calm and really take your time -- try imagining yourself in each location and be sure that's where you could see yourself getting married.

As far as suggestions for venues -- you could try Rosabelle Manor in Adairsville. We're getting married there in May and they offer amazing packages that include everything from catering, to photography, to DJ for affordable prices.

We were definitely on a budget and I was looking for a package deal (so I didn't have to go out and find and negotiate with all the vendors) and they've really helped us out.
  • happykthappykt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Clayton County Water Authority community use building. The title sounds off but it is a beautiful venue, huge outdoor deck, and green area overlooking the water. It is along the same lines as Roswell River Landing (you can use own caterer, purchase alcohol, etc) but much nicer. The only downfall I would say is it is a healthy 20 minutes-at least- from ITP.
  • pamtasiapamtasia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Cavender Castle in Dahlonega, or Blackstock Vineyards in Dahlonega.  Both are very reasonable.  Also, I just went to a wedding this past weekend at Stovall house in Sautee, Ga.  Gorgeous setting, valley surrounded by mountains...and the bride says the wedding was VERY low budget (but beautiful, anyway!)
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just looked at Peach Brandy Cottage, and their website says you can't bring your own caterer for food. 
  • CabannieCabannie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks so much! I've been looking for a place exactly like this - cheap but interesting, includes tables and is nice. You are a lifesaver!!
  • ReinniaReinnia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got married on Thursday at the Roswell River Landing.  I had a wonderdul wedding for $8000.00.  I worked with wonderful vendors such as Events by Nova for all my set up and chair cover with sash $2.00, She set and breakdown for $600.00. A Silverware Affair Catering, La NaNa's Art Bakery. Lovely photos from Deborah Stausak.

I could forward their contact numbers to you.  Look Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards