Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Guys' Clothes

We're having a beach wedding in early October and since it's usually pretty warm in Sandy Eggo at that time, I think it'd be great if the guys (groom, groomsmen) could wear some nice dress slacks and a nice button up collared shirt.  I've seen pics of weddings like this and if done right, looks fantastic!  Problem is, not sure where to go to find what I have in mind.  I've looked on Macys.com as well as others...not quite finding what I want.  Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Guys' Clothes

• Options
    My FI has to buy suits for work, and he buys all his stuff at Men's Wearhouse. They're not just for tux rentals, and they have a lot of variety and a lot of price ranges. I'd take a look there and if you find something you like wait until another one of their buy one, get one free sales!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    My suggestion is that you step back from this altogether and let the groom decide.  You have enough to deal with.  And, if he comes to you seeking advice send him to Nordstrom.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Men's Warehouse and Joseph A. Banks are both good.

I agree with Lisa though -- the groom should have a big say in what he and the groomsmen wear.  AND, if you go with something simple (khaki slacks, white dress shirt, colored tie), then your groom and groomemen probalby won't have to buy ANYTHING (or if they do, you can be sure they'll wear it again).

My husband and his groomsmen wore black suits and white dress shirts that they already owned.  We bought the ties (H's was blue stripes, and the groomsmen were a plain blue to compliment).    Most men will have menswear basics.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Hey! We are also have a beach wedding too in Bali. We just ordered grooms/groomsmen clothes from Tommy Bahama which my FI really likes (and he HATEs shopping and suits :) ) - they have a wedding section on their site and the pants/shirts are either silk or linen so very lightweight. We actually ended up calling the Outlet stores and ordering through there as they have a 4th of July sale and 50% of all mens clothing - they have simliar stock to whats on the website. Hope that helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue with my beach wedding. Look into jcrew's men's wedding clothes. They have light weight cotton suits, and I love the look of thier button up shirts and vests instead of jackets but the suits are all slim fit and my fiance hates the cut of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards