Connecticut
Options

Vendor Reviews

My wedding was July 17th and it went perfect!  
Sweet Rewards- A+... the cake looked and tasted amazing!!!  we have a four tier and kitchen cake with two layers being one flavor and the other layers being another flavor.  It was so yummy we brought some on our honeymoon, and froze the top tier for next year.
Floral Designs by Nancy - A+... i was absolutely floored when the girls flowers showed up at my door.  They were beautiful and lasted all night.  The centerpieces, cake decoration and all other decor came out great. Nancy was great to work with and her prices are great.
Picture This- Mike Tomassi- A+... I knew I wanted Mike as my wedding photographer before I even met DH.  He was great to work with and took great pictures, and pricing was great.
DJ- A... Our original DJ had a stroke 3 days prior to our wedding, and called me from the hospital and assured me he had a replacement, which then had to find another replacement.  So our final DJ (I dont even remember his name) must have been called in last minute, but considering short notice, and us having to tell him after the first song that he had to pump up the volume, he really did a great job, I have no complaints.
Caterer- Ofaia- A...they provided excellent food and a ton of it for an excellent price.  Their staff was on point all reception making sure that bride ands groom and all guest had enough food and whatever they wanted.  They did an excellent job making the vision of the room setup and color scheme come to life.
Reception- Portuguese Club- Danbury- A... The bar staff was great all night, and the manager Ana was excellent to work with.
Julie Allen Bridals A+... I bought my Maggie from here and Cheryl pulled the dress, I loved my dress and it fit me perfectly, I also went through the store for alterations but she did a great job on my bustle.  The girls also got their dress from here.  The staff is friendly and more then accomodating
Bogeys- A+... We got the guys tux from here and they were great to work with, really helpful in making decision and their professional experience advice was very helpful.
Danielle Santagata - MUA- A+... seriously she did an amazing job, she had comparable pricing to other traveling makeup artist.  My girls looked great and natural.  I had airbrush and my makeup stayed on all night through the heat and really until the next morning.  My DH lost his breathe when he saw me!  She really listens to what you want to look like, and makes it happen!  She is great on communicating and arrived early.  I would reccommend her a million times over!
Julianne of Wild Iris- Stylist- A+... Julianne is a personal friend but she did exactly wanted I wanted with my hair and it stayed all night, it was beautiful, and she was really great with communicating, and wanted you to let her know immediatly if she needed to fix anything.  I did a trial with her to get and idea of two different designs, and she compiled the thoughts from the trial and perfected my hair for the wedding.  The next day I left for my honeymoon with my hair still curly and secured!  I can not wait for my post wedding chop with her soon

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    laure143cmmlaure143cmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I hope the original DJ is OK.  I would have been a total wreck not knowing who I was getting. I am glad that everything wennt great. Sounds like you had a great time.
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_vendor-reviews-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:f5a91a32-8bb5-4d91-bb56-b25767cabebdPost:fb32ec02-31c6-46f5-afa3-817f7a3bb1ab">Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding was July 17th and it went perfect!   Sweet Rewards- A+... the cake looked and tasted amazing!!!  we have a four tier and kitchen cake with two layers being one flavor and the other layers being another flavor.  It was so yummy we brought some on our honeymoon, and froze the top tier for next year. Floral Designs by Nancy - A+... i was absolutely floored when the girls flowers showed up at my door.  They were beautiful and lasted all night.  The centerpieces, cake decoration and all other decor came out great. Nancy was great to work with and her prices are great. Picture This- Mike Tomassi- A+... I knew I wanted Mike as my wedding photographer before I even met DH.  He was great to work with and took great pictures, and pricing was great. DJ- A... Our original DJ had a stroke 3 days prior to our wedding, and called me from the hospital and assured me he had a replacement, which then had to find another replacement.  So our final DJ (I dont even remember his name) must have been called in last minute, but considering short notice, and us having to tell him after the first song that he had to pump up the volume, he really did a great job, I have no complaints. Caterer- Ofaia- A... they provided excellent food and a ton of it for an excellent price.  Their staff was on point all reception making sure that bride ands groom and all guest had enough food and whatever they wanted.  They did an excellent job making the vision of the room setup and color scheme come to life. Reception- Portuguese Club- Danbury- A ... The bar staff was great all night, and the manager Ana was excellent to work with. Julie Allen Bridals A+... I bought my Maggie from here and Cheryl pulled the dress, I loved my dress and it fit me perfectly, I also went through the store for alterations but she did a great job on my bustle.  The girls also got their dress from here.  The staff is friendly and more then accomodating Bogeys- A+... We got the guys tux from here and they were great to work with, really helpful in making decision and their professional experience advice was very helpful. <strong>Danielle Santagata - MUA- A+... seriously she did an amazing job, she had comparable pricing to other traveling makeup artist.  My girls looked great and natural.  I had airbrush and my makeup stayed on all night through the heat and really until the next morning.  My DH lost his breathe when he saw me!  She really listens to what you want to look like, and makes it happen!  She is great on communicating and arrived early.  I would reccommend her a million times over! Julianne</strong> of Wild Iris- Stylist- A+ ... Julianne is a personal friend but she did exactly wanted I wanted with my hair and it stayed all night, it was beautiful, and she was really great with communicating, and wanted you to let her know immediatly if she needed to fix anything.  I did a trial with her to get and idea of two different designs, and she compiled the thoughts from the trial and perfected my hair for the wedding.  The next day I left for my honeymoon with my hair still curly and secured!  I can not wait for my post wedding chop with her soon
    Posted by lynde129[/QUOTE]

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to hear it!!!

Glad everything went so well!!! Pics??
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It makes me feel so much better that your alterations went well at Julie Allen.  I bought my dress there and had such a great experience, I'm glad to hear you did too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy everything went so great!!!  I hope your original DJ is OK and makes a speedy recovery!!!  That is one dedicated DJ, being that he called you to let you know and found a replacement!!!

Can't wait to see some pics!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards