Alabama

Creative venue ideas for THIS NOV. in Mobile?

My brother & his fiance might be moving their wedding up to NOVEMBER due to a surprise pregnancy (which is actually awesome, but definitely puts a kink in the wedding planning). Any ideas for a perhaps non-traditional venue that wouldn't be booked? I.e. a restaurant that will do weddings, any other cool ideas? They want to have about 175 people. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Creative venue ideas for THIS NOV. in Mobile?

• Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Museum of Mobile
    The Courtyard Manor
    Fitzpen Place
    The Temple Downtown

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Check the local parks it would be free!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_creative-venue-ideas-this-nov-mobile?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:b8efdfa4-ac8e-4ac7-9a04-ceaa6a337ec0Post:a295c1fe-e27a-42bc-a985-09a433d9a8cc">Re: Creative venue ideas for THIS NOV. in Mobile?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check the local parks it would be free!
    Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what we're doing. We're getting married in Cathedral Square. It's only costing us $50 to turn the power on. But we totally blew the budget on the reception site- Space 301. What can I say?! It was love at first sight!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Mobile this November as well, and having both the ceremony and the reception at my church.  But you might want to look into the Museum of Art, the Botanical Gardens, Municipal (Langan) Park, or even the pier at Fairhope.  Good luck to your brother and his FI with the planning!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • AngelSong76AngelSong76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Municipal park or the pier in Fairhope.  I live really close to municipal and the grounds are really beautiful.  You may even be able to get the Museum of Art for the reception if it's available.  I know they do weddings.

If it's a small ceremony, you may consider doing it on the beach in Fairhope - either at the pier or on the actual beach side.  There's that whole covered area and BBQ pits if you want to make the reception a simple affair with BBQ or something small catered.  One plus is that there are lots of activities for kids and adults down there, and some great photo opportunities (duck pond, etc)  We did our engagement photos down there and they turned out gorgeous!

The Mobile Botanical Gardens also does weddings.  Don't know about their availability but we were there just last weekend and they were setting up for a wedding.  Kind of made me wish I had thought of doing ours there!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Session, I went to grad school at South :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_creative-venue-ideas-this-nov-mobile?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:b8efdfa4-ac8e-4ac7-9a04-ceaa6a337ec0Post:d3a45579-382a-4e4a-98ee-8ed68f8145d3">Re: Creative venue ideas for THIS NOV. in Mobile?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Session, I went to grad school at South :)
    Posted by taxcpaofal[/QUOTE]
    Awesome!  I got my BS there and DH is working towards his BSBA there!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards