Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Can we break etiquette on this?

Re: Can we break etiquette on this?

• Options
    Aurianna, please stop. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:6abba1b5-7208-4d15-8e44-a1135e648ee6">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love animals. I volunteered for a cat rescue group for years. I think people who torture or abuse animals should be locked up for a long time... but that doesn't mean that every person should be required to love every animal. "OMG! The dog thinks she loves him when she really hates him! That's the saddest thing ever!" The dog doesn't care. She feeds him. She pets him. He's happy. In time she might grow to love him, or she may not. In the meantime, she's not hurting the dog in the least. There is no issue. She might have said awful things. She's free to vent. If she ever acts on any of those thoughts, I'll be the first to say she should be punished. Until then, on a board dedicated to etiquette and civility, you'd think she could find that here when she needs it. Apparently not. And my response to "she wants a living thing to die" was stupid because the initial argument was also fallacious. Anyway... hopefully OP has her etiquette issue solved. Clearly isn't going to get much help. PS I do adore Birdie's dog picture.
    Posted by aurianna[/QUOTE]

This is the most retarded thing I have read on this message board.  Ever.  Holy stupidness.  I'm so sad that people like you exist. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." --Ghandi

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character; and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
            --Arthur Schopenhauer (philosopher)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:0bf68f90-66d5-4570-a502-d812e3330438">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, I own a Pit Bull so I'm very defensive over dogs. But this comment "I don't like other people's kids.  I can't tolerate them in restaurants when they are screaming" Pissed me off more.  EVERY child does it.  And when yours do it (hopefully you'll never experience this) I hope you remember this comment you made and I hope every person gives you the dirtiest looks ever.  I also hope that someone comes up and complains to you, because obviously being the oldest of 14 cousins or whatever you've never experienced a temper tantrum. You can get just as emotionally attached to your animals as your children because just about all owners consider their pets their children.  <strong>Maybe you just have an emotional disorder?</strong>
    Posted by krayzeechick05[/QUOTE]
    This is ridiculous.  First of all, children's cries were designed to be annoying.  It's their defense mechanism.  It's the only way that they have to communicate that something is wrong (I'm talking about very young children).  Even children who can speak have a hard time communicating when they are upset, resulting in crying.  There's nothing wrong with thinking that a child crying in a restaurant is annoying, because it is.  Their crying is natural and understandable, but still annoying when you are trying to enjoy your food.  <span style="font-size:11.0918px;" class="Apple-style-span"> I've had a lot of experience with children.  </span>When children get <span style="font-size:11.0918px;" class="Apple-style-span">really </span>worked up, their screams can be ear piercing.  <div>
    </div><div>There's also nothing wrong with disliking an animal, especially one that isn't trained.  Who really wants an animal peeing all over the place?  It's not really her responsibility to train the dog, it belongs to her fiance.  He should have done it a long time ago.  They definitely tell you when you get an animal all of the things that they can get into.  Getting an animal, not training it, and getting pissed at what it does is ridiculous.   What she said about wanting it to die was ABSOLUTELY out of line.  I'm not defending that.  But a personality disorder?  Give me a break.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Edit:  P.S.   I am the proud owner of a cat who is treated like gold.   I don't consider myself an animal lover (though I love my cat to death), but I wish no harm on any animals.   </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:532fdd11-c69e-4e12-b07c-91703261ca0f">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we break etiquette on this? : This is ridiculous.  First of all, children's cries were designed to be annoying.  It's their defense mechanism.  It's the only way that they have to communicate that something is wrong (I'm talking about very young children).  Even children who can speak have a hard time communicating when they are upset, resulting in crying.  There's nothing wrong with thinking that a child crying in a restaurant is annoying, because it is.  Their crying is natural and understandable, but still annoying when you are trying to enjoy your food.    I've had a lot of experience with children.   When children get  really  worked up, their screams can be ear piercing.   There's also nothing wrong with disliking an animal, especially one that isn't trained.  Who really wants an animal peeing all over the place?  It's not really her responsibility to train the dog, it belongs to her fiance.  He should have done it a long time ago.  They definitely tell you when you get an animal all of the things that they can get into.  Getting an animal, not training it, and getting pissed at what it does is ridiculous.   What she said about wanting it to die was ABSOLUTELY out of line.  I'm not defending that.  But a personality disorder?  Give me a break.   Edit:  P.S.   I am the proud owner of a cat who is treated like gold.   I don't consider myself an animal lover (though I love my cat to death), but I wish no harm on any animals.   
    Posted by Goldlie11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>There's a big difference between a personality disorder and an emotional disorder.

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:66b8eead-3555-42d9-bfb8-cb5628705d2c">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we break etiquette on this? : There's a big difference between a personality disorder and an emotional disorder.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    You're right.  However, no one can determine if someone has an emotional disorder by some message board posts.  
  • Options
    Anyone that would post anywhere that they wish that their dog would get a disease and die has some kind of disorder. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    M&R every time you post I lose more and more respect for you.  And after the original dog thread I didn't think there was any lower respect level than none at all.  But you've proved me wrong.  Seriously between hating your dog and wishing it dead, hating kids, and bailing on camping with your friends because you're swamped with work and then throwing a party at your house that same night, I just think you are a horrible, horrible person.  And I honestly don't understand why you still post under this SN.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dn, that picture is amazing, and I love you.  That is all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:4a5094c7-02fe-42ab-bca5-0205771eb5f7">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we break etiquette on this? : If the dog is hanging out with her and wanting to be petted and such, then I imagine it thinks she likes it just fine. 
    Posted by aurianna[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Dogs are pack animals, and they want to please their master.  HYPOTHETICALLY, I could kick theshit out of my dog right now and she would still sleep on my side of the bed tonight because she sees me as higher in the pack than any other living thing in this house.  She wants to be on my good side, even if she KNOWS (via the kicking) that she isn't currently.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Her poor fiance's dog is probably playing nice, just like she is.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:ef61d369-a961-420d-9409-aa3e5e25a16c">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we break etiquette on this? : Until then, I'm nice to <strong>it.</strong> Posted by M&R7111[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said, but M&R please just go away.

You referred to your dog as an "it" and that actually says a lot.

You admitted before you're not able to get emotionally attached to an animal, and I (as well as others who aren't serial killers) have a hard time relating to people like you.

Aaaand "Fu Pax"? Really? Moron.
  • Options
    Fu Pax?
    That makes me think of tampons.
  • Options

Hahaha, or a Kung Fu Maxi pad.

• Options
    Fu Pax is Brangelina's new baby.
  • Options
    DED!

Fu Pax! The official Maxi of Ninjas!
  • Options

Now all I want to do is send a maxi pad ninja and Brangelina's new baby to kick M&R's ass and steal her dog. The visual I'm arranging in my head is quite hilarious!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:4f28eb10-9dbd-43b7-99ef-1d50b920b07e">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA:  missed the post where OP said she was leaving.  Oh well, not like she would have listened anyway.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, she's back.  She already posted this morning.  Must love the drama.  We should stop feeding the troll.  Because real or not, she's a troll in my book.</div>
  • Options
    Exactly, mica.  As I said in my first reply to her - she totally loves the negative attention.  If she didn't, she'd leave or make a new SN.
  • Options
    Damn, I'm kinda mad I missed out on all that last night.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:c33acc84-62d0-4693-b58f-d4c6276f2d76">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know me too Salt. If I lived closer to Jersey, I would drive there right now and pick him up. It just makes me sick that people can think that way about animals that have been bred to desire our love and attention and their sole purpose in life is to please us.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

It will be a rude awaking when OP realizes she can't dump her kid which is ironic because she hates them but wants one...

I also find it amusing she can tell us all the stuff about this terrible stupid dog yet she is on the computer and I bet the dog pissed somewhere while she was on TK instead of paying attention to possible signals that the dog needs to go out....imagine that
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    That would be using common sense though Jelenny! Wink
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:1b8085ef-b44b-4f3d-b623-e2cb6e5be6f5">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who thinks she is actually sitting next to the dog petting it is a complete moron.  I just read her original post on chitchat.  There is no way in hell someone with that much hate & anger towards a dog is sitting around snuggling with it.  M&R I hate you and people like you. 
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY....

My brothers gf is NOT a dog person, my parents dog now will not be in the room she is in - they sense it.  She has said stuff like "Move Stella or I am going to kick you."  And trust me if anything happens to her both my brother and his gf will be coming home to their stuff on the curb. 

My own dog this past weekend was let out by this girl and I don't know what she did (my mom and I were on an errand) and she must have told Laila to pee...she dropped right there on the door mat.  My brother bragged that my dog is extremely well trained - and she is but she sure as hell doesn't fricken pee on command like that.  That is not my dog she has to sense something or that b**** did something to my dog. 

Dogs can tell they are very excellent judges of character.  M&K you are lucky your fi is with you.  If my fi was not a dog person we wouldn't be together.  This week I informed him that - guess what I just saved a dog from being euthed so we have an extra dog in the car.  He never skipped a beat and asked what vet he needed to drop the dog off at...
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    So true Birdie I forgot "common sense" isn't standard anymore Wink
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    You seem to have way more patience for your brother's gf than I would. I think my mom and I would have told bro what we thought about his dog kicking girlfriend by now. :)

I'm glad FI likes dogs the way I do. I don't think I could be with a person that wouldn't let our dog sleep in the bed with us.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:0e5faa4a-f78a-458a-957b-11c82c6568cc">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You seem to have way more patience for your brother's gf than I would. I think my mom and I would have told bro what we thought about his dog kicking girlfriend by now. :) I'm glad FI likes dogs the way I do. I don't think I could be with a person that wouldn't let our dog sleep in the bed with us.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

Oh my parents are watching....Stella has arthritis but any sign of injury she goes to the vet and we make sure it wasn't anything inflicted (the dog they just had to put down they made the vet check EVERYTHING to make sure nothing happened to it and it was all old age).  The neighbor's dog is the same way (my parents are pet sitting) they do not want to be near this girl.

Odds are they pick up on the "I hate dogs"  from her....hopefully they move out soon....VERY soon.  Anything happens to any animal in the house it's war there will be files charged.  Ironically this girl wants a dog...FUNNY!
    imageimage

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:37488d9c-1e1c-4491-bbf5-bff2120dec7b">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok, aurianna.  i think you're right, I don't think reading the entire thread will make you change your mind either. And just to clarify, vermin are not domesticated house pets who depend on humans to live.
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Not really following the thread but felt the need to comment on this. There are plenty of domesticated rats, mice that depend on humans to live. In fact Rats are not only awesome pets but have the intelligence of a dog.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank GOD someone clarified that!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:8edd9ec1-7743-439c-931d-803797402fcf">Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm well aware if someone is in a relationship you need to invite the SO. FI's cousins divorced after about 30 years of marriage.  Everyone in the family, including myself, were very close to both people.  It was decided by FI and me that we would invite both to the wedding still; of course after approval from both sides that they are OK with this.    The divorce was quick with no "drama"... Until now.. The ex husband, in his mid 50s, is dating a "20" year old girl (according to her FB she's 19).  Actually, he has moved to a different state with her and they live together now.  Now, I know I don't have the right to judge, but myself and the rest of the family are judging anyway.   It can't be helped.  FI does not want this "girl" to attend our wedding as ex-husband's "guest".  But, I am aware of etiquette rules and from the looks of things, she's invited if we invite this man.   FI is very close to the ex-hubby and would really like him there.  FI says "screw etiquette".  I'm assuming we might offend this guy if we leave his new "love" off the invite.  The wife is dating again and if she is serious with a man we would be including him on the invite.  Then again, I ask  "would it be the same if she was with a 19 year old boy?" I am now thinking about not inviting him; mainly for the feelings of the ex wife, who is FI's cousin by blood.  She's pretty upset about her ex's new choice of mate, and they've only been divorced a few months.  Their kids, who are in their mid 30's are pretty upset about this relationship too.  I think I would be pissed if my dad divorced my mom and started dating a girl more than a decade younger than myself! So - do we send him an invite w/o this young fling or none at all?  Also, I'm hearing through the "grapevine" (i.e. FB and FMIL) about this SO of his - so maybe send an invite w/o her and see if he calls and asks?  Claim ignorance about her since the relationship is so new and they live in a different state from us?
    Posted by M&R7111[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna actually respond to the question, since no one else is.

19 is an adult.  Moving in together is not a "fling."  Etiquette is etiquette.  Invite her and try not to talk about what a whore you all think she is, since you obviously don't know her yet and might end up being a part of your family someday.  I am not sure how well you can pull off ignorance, here.  This guy probably knows that everyone's talking about him and her.  Not inviting her and being anything other than kind and welcoming to her will probably bite you in the ass.

By the way, it must be seriously hurtful to your FI that you openly hate his dog and hope it just runs away.  My DH didn't like cats, but loved me, and learned to deal with having one around and to keep his general anti-cat sentiments mostly to himself.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:82e1c7c9-c3b2-41d3-822f-f4292a15131f">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we break etiquette on this? : Not really following the thread but felt the need to comment on this. There are plenty of domesticated rats, mice that depend on humans to live. In fact Rats are not only awesome pets but have the intelligence of a dog.
    Posted by BlueBalloon[/QUOTE]
    Yes, I know that.  I was simply pointing out that her statement was stupid.  I had a guinea pig that lived for 10 years.  I suppose I should have clarified.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-break-etiquette-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:dda26097-3e0a-4986-84fd-5ca8aa29d7d5Post:82e1c7c9-c3b2-41d3-822f-f4292a15131f">Re: Can we break etiquette on this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we break etiquette on this? : Not really following the thread but felt the need to comment on this. There are plenty of domesticated rats, mice that depend on humans to live. In fact Rats are not only awesome pets but have the intelligence of a dog.
    Posted by BlueBalloon[/QUOTE]

We have rats, actually and they're super sweet - I wouldn't call them vermin however. I call them Sushi and Soy Sauce.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards