New Jersey

VENDOR CALL

Can you list who are your vendors.  w/approx. pricing. thanks. Still trying to get suggestions...
Photographer:Videographer:Florist:
Officiant:
DJ:Hair:
Makeup:
---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: VENDOR CALL

• edited December 2011
    Photographer:  Abacus Wedding Photography approx $2500

Videographer:  Abacus approx $1500

Florist:  Brandywine Florists  approx $2500

Officiant:  Getting Married at our local church.  Fees are for the pastor, organist and donation to the church, approx $1000

DJ:  D'Amico, approx $2500.  This is a DJ/Live Band combo and it includes a sax player for the entire night for an extra $600
      Hair:  Using my regular hairdresser.  Since she is also a friend she is charging me $125 (BM are $85)

Makeup:  I didnt officially book with anyone, but I have two trials set up with different people.  Briyon Librizzi, muabybriyon.com,  is one of them and she charges $225 for airbrush which includes the trial and day of makeup.  The other lady is Pauline and her company is flawlessbeautybypauline.  she is about $200 for airbrush for trial and wedding day.

Some of these prices aren't exactly what you would call budget friendly, but I would say they are the average prices for NJ. 

HTH and Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Patrick Sweeney photography - $3500 includes engagement session, all day pictures, one main album two parent albums.
    Videographer: Patrick Sweeney Photography $1500
    Florist: Yumila at Metropolitan plant and flower exchange - $1500 for bride bouqet, 8 bm's, 2 coursages, 10 bouts., 6 aisle flowers, 15 centerpieces.bride flowers - roses and hydranges, bm's- daisies, centerpieces - mums and carnations.
    Officiant: St. Ceclia's Church in Englewood- suggested donation of $400, organist $250, clean-up $25
    DJ: Danny C - $1600 Includes cocktail hour music.
    Hair: Sculptures in Totawa - $100 for bride, $75 Bm's
    Makeup: Makeup by Elise - $175 for bride $85 Bm's
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer:  Robert Wayne Photography; about $3000 including a beautiful large photographic album for us and a pair of parent albums.

Videographer:  We're doing it ourselves.  It'll be on a tripod for the ceremony and a friend is going to capture just the key moments during the reception so FREE!

Florst:  Sussex County Florist, formerly Patrician Florist:  $2000

Officiant:  We're getting married in our church by our long-time pastor

DJ:  Not a DJ but a band which was one of our few splurges, Time Machine.  $6,000

Hair and make-up are being done by me regular salon at the salon.  It'll probably be in the $200 - $300 range.

• dsimone43dsimone43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE THIS POST!  It is so hepful to see what others are paying.

Photographer: $3699 which includes engagement photos, one album and one smaller parent album

Videographer:  Not hiring a videographer

Florist: Haven't booked yet

Officiant: We are getting married in a church so there is a "required" donation... but my father in charge of this one so not sure yet.

DJ: DJ Alias from Scratch Weddings - $1950 for coctail and reception

Hair & Makeup: Having a trial with Amazing Face and Luscious Locks on the 20th and her prices are around 100 for both hair and makeup. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    edited December 2011
    Photographer - Living Photo.  Phil was reasonable priced $3600.  Had teaser photos available for us in two days and the rest in two weeks!

DId not use a videographer

Florist: Pearl River Florist about $1600.
    http://www.pearlriverflorists.com/
    We had a mixture of high and low included 14 tables and the cocktail hour tables.

Officiant: My brother in law.  Made it really personal.

DJ/ighting: Dj Company used Ryan from Nyack, ny  $4000
    http://www.thedjco.net/

Hair: John from John Anthony Salon Old Tappan.
     www.johnanthonyhairsalon.com/
    Came that morning to my house early, called before he arrived to see if we wanted any coffee.  Really great person.  Everyone had different looks and we all looked perfect.  $150 for bride/$85-$100 for BM, mom $55 for blowout.

Makeup: Christine from Color make-up Studio
    www.colormakeupstudio.com.
    Based out of Pearl River NY.  Rated Best of the Knot
    Extremely talented and really resonable.  $110 for airbrush, $70 -$85 for BMs/mom depending on traditional or airbrush.  All of the prices included eyelashes, which everyone loved. 
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer: Mou @ Photosmadeez $1000 Videographer: None Florist: Where Flowers Bloom in Rockaway $1000 Officiant: Fr. Rios @ St. Rocco's Church $720 fee DJ: Memory Makers $799Hair: Using a friend (they are giving it to me as a wedding gift)Makeup: Going to Macy's 

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • edited December 2011
    I second the thank you for this post. 

Photographer: Gary Flom 1200 but proofs no prints. My dad is a wedding photographer so he'll put the albums for me.
    Videographer: None/Family
    Florist:AW Florist 1200
    Officiant: Cantor Sergi $500
    DJ: Jam Studio 1200 for 5 hours plus cocktail uplighting and TV screenHair: Lucia C Salon
    Makeup: Lucia C Salon
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lopezalonsolopezalonso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Photographer: Tiffany Atlas from atlasweddingphotography.com - 3200 with album, full day's service, and free proofs. She is wonderful. We shot our engagement session with her.

Videographer: Touch of class - 1732.50

Florist: Still looking but plan to make a decision by next weekend. So far estimates have been around 3,000

Officiant: Getting married at the Cathedral Basilica in Newark - 1200

DJ: Touch of class - approx 1650 with a projection screen of photos of ceremony and of us growing up and dating
      Hair: Mandy from La Sorella - 855 for myself and 6 others

Makeup: Haven't decided yet
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer:  Michael Dempsey Photography $3s

Videographer:  We don't want one.

Florist: S&K Floral Expressions  $2s

Officiant:  In the works, trying to get someone rather special (might be a big $ ticket)

DJ:  Elite Sound Ent.  This is probably the vendor I am most excited to use... They are doing our ceremony, cocktail, reception, uplighting/int lights and photobooth.  High $4s

Hair:  Salon Balezza, Glen Rock (no price given yet)

Makeup:  Torn at the moment

Dress & BMs:  La Belle Boutique, Jersey City 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Tiffany Atlas- Her photos are amazing 2400
    Videographer: Still looking, ours just raised prices over summer. boo
    Florist:AW Flowers 1700 for 16 tables 10 wedding party etc..paying in cash helps~

Officiant: My church..planning to donate 500 -1000DJ: Sounds to Go- Photobooth and DJ 1995Hair: not yet Makeup: not yet.
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer:  Chris Mastalia approx $4500

Videographer:  1-2 Remember Studios $3500

Florist: AW Flowers $2250

Officiant:  my local church- $1000

DJ:  Used a fantastic band Veronica Martell Entertainment- typical rate is $8k for 9 pcs

Hair:  did my own $0

Makeup:  Jillyan Scarpa but had Michelle day of- I think $150

Dress & BMs: Arlenes Bridal, Nonchalance

My reviews are posted on the vendor review site too:)
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer:  J Paul Studios, $2100
    Videographer:  Martin's video, $1100
    Florist: Apple blossoms, unsure
    Officiant:  Sacred Heart Church, $1050 including precana
    DJ:  DJ exclusiv entertainment, Piscataway, $1000
    Hair:  Unsure
    Makeup:  Makeup by Dawn Rose, 100 for me, 70 for bridesmaids
     Dress & BMs:  Russell bridals, Linden, $1060 including alterations and bustle (Maggie Sottero dress)
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer:  Jason Rhee

Videographer:  1not having one

Florist: Rose Petals and Lace 3000

Officiant:  my local church- $250

DJ: Extravagant Entertainment $2500

Hair:  My cousin

Makeup: Gina Brozon $100 or $150 can't remember

Dress & BMs: Casablanca(Castle Couture) BM Impression (Hearts for you bridal)
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer: Kristina Hilla = $4000 includes (1) 12x12 album & (3) 8x8 albums

Videographer: Not using one

Florist: Metropolitan Plant & Flower Exchange = $2300 for a bridal party of 12 & high centerpieces

Officiant: Getting married at our venue, pastor = $300

DJ: Elite Sound Entertainment for cocktail hour & reception = $2000

Hair & Makeup: Just starting looking...

Dress & BMs: Pronovias & Bella Bridesmaid in Madison
  • BebsyBebsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Elisabeth Millay - $4300 for 10 enlargements, CD, and travel.  Everything else is ala carte.  She will customize packages for you if you don't want/need as many hours of coverage.
    Videographer: Not having one
    Florist: Just started looking.  Might even forego flowers altogether to be honest.
    Officiant: John Graf.  $250.  We're having a very simple, non-religious ceremony, with a small wedding party so that factors into the price. 
    DJ: Just having iPod music  Hair: I have scheduled trials with Jaime from Skin Bar and Paint.  I don't haev her prices though on hand.
    Makeup: I have scheduled trials with both Gina Brozon and Jillyan from Skin Bar and Paint.  I don't have either ladies' prices though on hand
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer: Sean Patrick - 3000
    Videographer: n/a
    Florist: Something Nice - 1300
    Officiant: our church - 1000 
    DJ: Jason Jani, Sound Connection Ent, - 3500  Hair: local salon
    Makeup: Make up by Nicole - 75 per person air brush
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Jason Rhee - paid $2150 - made some changes to his basic package. We got:
    Full one day shooting/unlimited photos
    One premium album - 36 sides (added pages) w/ custom page design
    A Hard copy (DVD) of full res images w/ full copy rights
    (3) 11 x 14 wall portraits
    Complete set of 4 x 6 proofs
    (we eliminated the 20x24 print, two parent albums and thank you cards and substituted extra pages in album).

Videographer: N/A

Florist: Apple Blossom Flowers (Scotch Plains) - Paid $600
    Received:
    Bride's Bouquet - all red roses, no greens, tightly wrapped with ribbon, small crystals in bouquet
    4 Bridesmaid bouquets - all red roses, no greens
    2 Mom's corsages - small white roses
    Groom's Bout - White rose
    4 Groomsmen Bouts and 2 dads - red rose
    Flower girl Bouquet - small white roses
    Free Toss bouquet (white carnations)
    (No centerpieces, no flowers in church)

Officiant: We got married at St. Bart's Church in Scotch Plains. The church fees were $600 in total (did not hire a cantor). We tipped the priest $50.

DJ: Golden Note Entertainment - Paid $1715
    Included - Emcee (we selected him), plus disc Jockey
    4 Hours, plus free cocktail hour
    Basic Lighting Package

Hair: Jeanine LaMacchia (New Jersey Hair Designs) - Paid $150
    Bridesmaids/Moms are $85. She will travel to you, for $25 ($50 for over 30 miles).

Makeup: Gina Brozon - Paid $100 (traditional makeup, including false lashes).
    She will travel to you with a minimum of 2 other people. BMs/Moms are $70, plus $10 for fake lashes. (she now does Airbrush as well).

Limo:  Santos Limousine - Paid $698 for total 4 hours (including tax and gratuity) for a 14 passenger stretch Lincoln.
    (included free bottle of champagne).

Dress:  Hollywood Bridal - $840 for Mori Lee dress, including bustle, alterations and extra for plus size
    BM  dresses also purchased at Hollywood Bridal - Bill Levkoff dresses - $185 including alterations.
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer/Videographer - Studio Uno, Lodi, NJ - Can't remember the exact amount, but I got a great package deal for somewhere around $6,500

Florist: Metropolitan Plant Exchange (Yumela): Just got a quote, so still not sure of the exact price, but we're estimating more than 20 tables, 6 bridesmaids, at leat 10 bouts (groomsmen, fathers, readers)...church flowers, etc....right now the estimate is more than $4,000....but we'll see when everything is finalized (alternating high and low centerpieces, fyi - High ($150 each), low ($90 each)

DJ - Gemini Productions, Wayne, NJ: Can't remember quote, but for uplighting pianist for cocktail hour, monogram on the floor, plasma tvs, glow booth, DJ, Emcee, percussionist, video montages, came out to about $4,500

Limo - Action Limo, Garwood, NJ: Very reasonable quote for a Benley and Navigator....well under $2k.

Dress - Bijou Bridal, Paramus, NJ - My dress cost $2k, alterations are capped at $395 I believe (includes bustle and cups in the dress). I am also havnig my girls get their bridesmaid dresses there and they will receive a 15% discount because I bought my dress there.

Officiant: My church pastor (don't know the suggested donation for the church yet)

Hair and Makeup - haven't begun looking for that yet.
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Ricky Restiano - approx. $7,500 - full day of coverage, includes rights to all of the photos, 1 large album, 2 parent albums, thank you cards and there's more but my parent's have the contract at their house
    Videographer: Moving Pictures, LLC - approx $5,000 - full day of coverage & all the raw footage, 1hr30min/2hr fully edited wedding film, 4 DVD's (includes one BlueRay)
    Florist: TBD
    Officiant: Sacred Heart Church - Yonkers, NY - $1,100 (full mass)

DJ: DJ Serg Entertainment - $3,150 - Platinum package 2 DJ's, 1 MC, 4 plasmas, light show, name gobo
    Hair: House of Trends - $210 for me... I'm paying for the BP to get their hair done so I'll let you know what the damage is after I book my contract tomorrow lol

Makeup: Anne DeMarco Cosmetics - $325 for me... $125 for BP... includes lashes

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photographer:  Matthew Douglas Photography - approx 3500 including album, engagement session and guest album, 2 photographers, all day
    Videographer: Your Cinematic Wedding -1500
    Florist: Flower Station Somerset location about $4000 for 13 tall centerpeices, 8 bouts, my bouq, 5 bm bouq, 2 alter arrangements, rose petals
    Officiant: Rabbi Dennis Tobin- 650
    DJ: Best of Both Worlds 3200 including 2 vocalists, 1 dj, 1 assistant, Gobo, ceremony music and cockatil musicHair: my usual hairstylist
    Makeup: Marti P. from Mac 150 for me, 75 for anyone else.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    edited December 2011
    Photographer: Jason Rhee, i think we are paying $2400.00
    Videographer: GT Modern Creations $750.00 please note this is only because I booked them almost 2 years ago before they were know, their price is much more expensive now.
    Florist: AW Flowers $1500.00
    Officiant: Church: St. Anthony's in Hawthorne: 450 , Music:300
    DJ: NYESP, with lighting $2,500Hair: My Salon Fee: 60.00
    Makeup: undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer:Julian Ribinik 4,000   He is WONDERFUL! Videographer: Cinematic Wedding 3,000   He was the first vendor we signed. His works speaks for itself.Florist: Conroys Flower, Morris Plains.   Kathy is a doll. I spend three hours with her during my inital meeting talking about everything. She gave me a lot of advice pertaining to flowers, marriage and life. I love her.Officiant:DJ: Craig Scott Entertainment.     AMAZING. We booked a 10 piece band for about 6,500.
    Hair: Cut's N Curls by Claudia, Keilworth. Ask for Mayssa. She is the best! Makeup: Jarel Soto.  $100.00 for the bride $60.00 for everyone else. She is also AMAZING.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards