Second Weddings
Options

Daddy daughter dance

My father is no longer with us, so I will not have a father daughter dance. I was thinking of having a special dance for my daughter who is 8 and her new stepdad and then having the DJ ask other dads join them in dancing with their daughters. Has anyone ever seen this done? Is it a weird idea? Any song suggestions?

Re: Daddy daughter dance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does she want to do that?  I am not a fan of public displays of newfound relationships being forced on the kids at weddings.  But if it is something that she would enjoy, I think its a lovely gesture. 

The only parent living at our wedding was my mom, so we didn't do any parent dances.  Instead we danced with our (my) two kids, after asking them in advance if that was something they would like to do. ~Donna
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Donna. Ask her if she'd like to dance with him, understanding that for that moment she will be the center of attention. Some kids don't like that.
  • Options
    bethmerchantbethmerchant member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is something she wants to do because she wants this wedding to be ALL about her! I thought this would be a way she could have her moment of recognition in our newly former family.
  • Options
    jerzmom114jerzmom114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be a good idea as long as she is ok with it. I have two boys (ages 9 and 10) and my FI has a 9 yr old daughter. I will be having a dance with them, and he will be dancing with her. (havent quite figured out how to split up the dance between two boys but i'll figure something out lol) . Wee talked to our kids and they are all for it. Good luck
  • Options
    My FI and I have 6 children between us.  My father is unable to dance due to health problems and his mother will not be attending the wedding because of religious reasons.  So we have chosen to forgo the father daughter dance and the mother son dance.  We considered doing them with our children, but with 4 sons and 2 daughters we would be there all night.  Instead we are having an anniversary dance where we invite all of the married couples up on the dance floor.  The dj will then ask the couples (starting with us) to sit down depending on how long they have been married.  My FI and I will honor this long married couple with a special dance of their own and I will give the wife my bouquet. 
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards