Snarky Brides

you guys are all total

13»

Re: you guys are all total

• Guys, we (my sister and I) made my dad sign up for facebook finally, over Christmas.  He thinks he's SO cool now.  It's quite entertaining.  

My favorite update so far was from vacation: "‎72 degrees, cloudy, 25 mph sea breeze. 2400 rooms, 6 people in the pool, all (maiden name). We rule" or "My 14 year-old son just ordered lavendar pillows. Where did I go wrong?"

/randomamusement
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:f7a13310-5ec5-407b-809a-4024d91a5a92">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]i used to turn my nose up at corndogs. WTF was I thinking. I got one at Culvers the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

Oh my god... I miss Culvers so much.  Why can't the Midwest share with the rest of the country? 
  • I am alone today at work. Since I work the office whenever someone calls 911 from work the call gets put through my phone before it goes out. It rings weird and it someone from the press-room calling that there is a fire. Nothing is on fire it just a machine started smoking and it was really heavy smoke. I tried to tell them before they sent the fire department but I was too late.

• So you have cute firemen at your office now DB?
  • Corndogs are disgusting.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • You ladies are making me hungry.  One of the biggest things I miss about Michigan is the easy access to amazing Mediterranean food.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:6823ab57-32a1-4bd7-ad8c-eb34375881f6">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait a second. <strong>So if someone needs to call 911 for real, they have to speak to you first, dodgers? </strong> That sounds slightly inconvenient for all parties involved. We had the fire department out here a dozen times about a few months ago. Our building fire alarm system kept malfunctioning. We hired people to fix it but it seemed to take quite a few tries. Big fine from the city after the 2nd unintended alarm. And somehow I was the one that kept having to listen to the stern talking to from the fireman.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

No it just rings through my phone since I am the main line of the entire company. I don't know why it is like that but one day my phone rang weird and when I picked up it was a CW talking to a 911 operator.

I didn't know they fine you until someone mention it to me right now. Whenever they do maintenance on the security system they call and ask if we are ok because the silent alarm keeps going off
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:3ec9deed-d8b1-4cce-933d-1f64c694bb44">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]You ladies are making me hungry.  One of the biggest things I miss about Michigan is the easy access to amazing Mediterranean food.
    Posted by bltata[/QUOTE]
    OHEMGEE.  I grew up in a city with tons of Greek folks with a ton of delicious, family owned Greek hole in the wall restaurants.

I moved to MN and couldn't find a decent gyro to save my life.  FINALLY we now have THREE places in my town with excellent Mediterranean.  Only two have gyros up to my standards, but we really just go to one and it's just so so so good.  I could eat there every day.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_guys-total?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3740ac12-929b-4f7f-8592-a503c8ba929bPost:c161b49f-63ba-45bb-bd44-1fe8e3365942">Re: you guys are all total</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: you guys are all total : OHEMGEE.  I grew up in a city with tons of Greek folks with a ton of delicious, family owned Greek hole in the wall restaurants. I moved to MN and couldn't find a decent gyro to save my life.  FINALLY we now have THREE places in my town with excellent Mediterranean.  Only two have gyros up to my standards, but we really just go to one and it's just so so so good.  I could eat there every day.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Michigan and New York are the only 2 places in the country riddled with Coney Islands to my knowledge.  They are usually run by Greek or Albanian families and have a mixture of amazing Greek food and all kinds of random diner fare.  Many were also 24hrs so convenience was a major plus.

Being so close to Dearborn (my college was there as a matter of fact)  gave me lots of Arabic and Mediterranean food, too.  I never realized how much I'd miss it.  I tried a gyro down in NC and wanted to throw it out ha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love to garden but im mostly into vegetable gardens, though we do have a flower garden (which I neglect).
  • We have tulips all over our yard (we have 2 large gardens) but they seem to come in waves, we seem to have different colours every year. I am not sure why - someone said its from squirrels digging them up and burying them elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards