Wedding Reception Forum
Options

HELP! with table linens and bridesmaid dresses!

I read somewhere that tbale linens and bridesmaids dresses should not match.  My girls are wearing a peacock blue dress from Davids Bridal and the table linens I bought are a satin peacock blueoverlay which will lay over an ivory table linen.  The blues do not exactly match, the dress is actually a little darker and the table linen is a little shinier?  Is this ok?  Or will it look dumb since they are the same shade just a little different colors?  If not, I don't know what color to use.  The girls are carrying yellow flowers and we are not doing a peacock them wedding.  Any suggestions?  Here is a picture of the table linen and the colro of the dress (not the exact dress but it is the color).

90 round seamless satin table overlay Peacock55559(1pc/pk)

Re: HELP! with table linens and bridesmaid dresses!

• Options

I think it will be fine.  Honestly this is one of those details that you will be pulling your hair out over but no one, and I mean no one, else will even notice or care about.

And, not sure where you heard that rule (the linens and dresses not matching) but it is a dumb rule.  If you like the dresses and you like the linens then go for it.

• Options
    I specifically matched the venues lines with the dress.  Though we are doing the colored linen underneath with an ivory overlay.
  • Options
    I have never heard of this rule. Use the linens you already purchased. No one will notice and I'm sure everything will look great!
  • Options
    I think it will be different enough to be fine.  I got an overlay for my table so it wouldn't be white dress, white chair cover, and white table cloth. 
  • Options
    You can break it up by putting lace over it or a table runner of a different color over it. Something to break up the color and give it more softness. Then again, once you get all the plates, favors etc on the table.... the blue will vanish
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards