New Jersey

Thank You Card formatting help - PIP

Okay so, I've ditched the idea of having a printed message on the thank you card (thanks for the advice ladies!)  However, I don't want to leave the "card" panel of the photocard completely empty so I wanted to put "Thank You! Love, C & M somewhere on the page with enough room to write a message.  Does this look good?  Any other formatting ideas?

Quad-fold Accordion Card
Side A

Side B

Side B, zoomed in Thank You Panel

Does that formatting look okay? Should I change the positioning of the text?

Thanks for the help ladies!

Cat

Re: Thank You Card formatting help - PIP

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm... I think I'd like it better if it were centered vertically on that blank page.. otherwiswe, very cute!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_thank-card-formatting-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:75481569-2603-4379-aef5-99db6d8f530aPost:d64547ef-ceea-4b38-89ee-5e18fd763263">Re: Thank You Card formatting help - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmm... I think I'd like it better if it were centered vertically on that blank page.. otherwiswe, very cute!
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]
    I think she formatted it like that because it leaves her enough room to include a personalized note to each guest/couple.

OP - I think you should just leave that panel totally blank.  In my opinion, part of personalizing and handwriting a thank you to each person involves signing your name.  Maybe it doesn't bother other people but, unless it's one of those holiday photo cards, I hate when the note is handwritten and the "signature" is pre-printed... it just takes away some of the formality and personalization in my mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_thank-card-formatting-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:75481569-2603-4379-aef5-99db6d8f530aPost:8ea6f56d-529f-4152-941a-0bf8b4fc654b">Re: Thank You Card formatting help - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thank You Card formatting help - PIP :<strong> I think she formatted it like that because it leaves her enough room to include a personalized note to each guest/couple. </strong>OP - I think you should just leave that panel totally blank.  In my opinion, part of personalizing and handwriting a thank you to each person involves signing your name.  Maybe it doesn't bother other people but, unless it's one of those holiday photo cards, I hate when the note is handwritten and the "signature" is pre-printed... it just takes away some of the formality and personalization in my mind.
    Posted by peaches178[/QUOTE]
    oh yeah, duh! I hadn't realized that!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with leaving that panel completely blank.  If you're already going to be writing a personalized note to each person, you might as well also sign your name!  Otherwise, it does seem too much like people who have pre-printed messages on photo Christmas cards.  Anyway, LOVE it!  I'm interested in doing this for our thank you cards -- where are you ordering them from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards