June 2013 Weddings

First dance

Have any of you ladies started talking about what song you are going to dance to as your frist dance? 

FI and I were talking last night and I was telling him how a friend of my mom's used tale as old as time in the 90s and now he wants ours to be A Whole New World.. dunno what to think about that one lol
June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First dance

• We're going to do ours to "It's Your Love" by Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill. We're really into country
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As much as I'm a fan of Beauty and the Beast & Aladdin, I don't know if I could use those songs as first dance songs. Not going to lie though, I'm considering putting "Kiss the Girl " from the Little Mermaid on the dinner music list...

Our first dance song is "Heavenly Day" by Patty Griffin. I get goosebumps when I listen to it because I can't wait to dance to it at our wedding.
  • "To Be Loved" by Jackie Wilson because we're both huge fans of the movie "Coming to America". And  he IS coming to America (from Canada) to marry me. :D

We really love the song "I Love How You Love Me" by The Paris Sisters, though, so we will have to dance to that at some point too.

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing Constellation by Jack Johnson because it's very personal to us. We'll do it right after intro's. Then to open the dance floor for the night we're going to swing dance to Still The One by the Orleans and about 45 second to a minute in we'll have the DJ invite the other couples out onto the floor. Then about 2 minutes in annouce that the dance floor is open for party time. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • cnf, I love Constellations. It's such a pretty song.
  • We are doing  God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We haven't talked about it much. We'll listen to a song suggest it to the other person and it seems to get shot down most of the time lol. But I figure we still have plenty of time to figure it out.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are pretty sure we're doing Yellow By Coldplay. That has been "our song" since we started dated and we're both huge fans of Coldplay. I'm a little worried it might be a tiny bit fast.... so we'll have to practice before the big day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our song is "Drop of Jupiter" by Train. I'm not sure if that would make a good first dance though ...

June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I really want the song "Wanted" by Hunter Hayes but FI originally said he didn't want a country first dance song so still trying to convince him
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The only song that has played consistantly on the radio when we were hanging out is "Bad Romance" so we have to come up with a song from scratch.. 
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cc5ce466-3fa4-4ec0-a258-1e9ed9b8a88cPost:af446a28-2108-41ca-a53b-88c4f842d3fa">Re: First dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only song that has played consistantly on the radio when we were hanging out is "Bad Romance" so we have to come up with a song from scratch.. 
    Posted by n3rdl3t[/QUOTE]

Well, it would certainly make for a memorable first dance!!

Our song wasn't picked because of any special meaning, we just both liked it and thought it fit nicely. I heard it at my yoga studio after class one day, and played it for my fiance when I got home, and he liked it, so that was that.
  • We havn't decided yet. We don't really have a song, there are a couple that have some meaning. When we 1st started dating Maroon 5 "She Will Be Loved" was my fav song (I still love it) and he used to call or text me anytime he heard it since he knew I loved it and he would think of me. I don't think it's a good wedding song though. He also sent me Aerosmith "Dont Want To Miss a Thing" when I was away at school to make me feel better about missing him, but I don't love the creaming at the end. Ad then he had always kind of tried to make our song "We're in Heaven" I think it's Bryan Adams. That might be a good one for us to use, he always said he felt like it was about us.

I really like Lonestar "Amazed By You" but I know it's kind of played out at weddings. I love that song though and it gives me chills. Also, Kenny Chesney "You Had Me From Hello" makes me cry because it reminds me of FI, I don't know if he will like that one though.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Our song is "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts. That's going to be our first dance song. I don't care how overdone it is.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We're dancing to the Beatles' version of "Till There Was You".  I love it!  I really wanted to do "At Last" by Etta James, but I just felt like it was too overdone as a first dance song.  We will definitely be playing it at some time during the night though!
  • We're dancing to "can't stop loving you" by Michael Jackson. My FI loves him so I gave in. Before that we were going to use "truly, madly, deeply" by Savage Garden, I love that song and i tear up every time I hear it.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're dancing to the Beatles, "Here, There and Everywhere".  Fi picked it, it's a great song, and at just over two minutes, the perfect length as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cc5ce466-3fa4-4ec0-a258-1e9ed9b8a88cPost:30318d29-7731-4324-bfc7-6495307a335f">Re: First dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, Kenny Chesney "You Had Me From Hello" makes me cry because it reminds me of FI, I don't know if he will like that one though.
    Posted by rmp4996[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We're using Kenny Chesney's  'You Had Me From Hello' as our first dance song! I brainstormed a list of song and played them for FI in the car one day. This wasn't even one of my top choices but for some reason while it was playing I got so emotional and cried my eyes out. That's when I knew I had to have it! Im a huge country fan and my FI is not at all, so it means a lot to me that he's on board with this lol.

</div>
    September Signature Challenge - Fave sports team

My planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our song is God Gave me You. I heard it on the radio before he proposed. The funny thing is that I had heard it so many times before that one day, but never payed attention. Well I listened to the words and it was like a jolt. It fits us perfectly. At the time we reconnected, life was so crazy that we both feel that God has given us each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:cc5ce466-3fa4-4ec0-a258-1e9ed9b8a88cPost:9b360a6b-0099-4d91-9401-1ad9b27422d1">Re: First dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are pretty sure we're doing Yellow By Coldplay. That has been "our song" since we started dated and we're both huge fans of Coldplay. I'm a little worried it might be a tiny bit fast.... so we'll have to practice before the big day.
    Posted by ktappa[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I'm always surprised more people don't use it. I like it way better than a lot of the sappy options out there. It is a little harder to dance too, but fortunately for me my fiancé is a musician; that sense of rhythm he has is really going to help me! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards